PDA

View Full Version : chest feelings

molly36
01-10-10, 14:57
Hi i have not been on for a while as i have been trying to conqour this panic anxiety but unfortunately to no avail.The last few months i have had terrible panic attacks in the middle of the night where i have awoke with my heart going irregular and then in to a very fast rate of 180 beats per/min ,i ended up calling a ambulance as no matter what i did i couldnt get it down to a normal rate .Ecg was done and they said it a panic attack ,i say what while im blooming sleeping ,well what chance have i got if i have no control over them.Then over a week ago i went for a walk but i started to feel very week and my vision was a bit blurred ,my legs became like jelly and i really didnt think i was going to be able to get back to the car ,i thought i was going to collapse but i didnt and after haf hour at home i felt ok but very anxious all night.Go to the doc he said it was anxiety brought on by overbreathing ,i didnt think i had been .So today i went on my treadmill and started to do a really slow walk i felt my chest get tight and then i got this horrible sensation all over my chest like the feeling you get when you get butterflies in your stomach but instaed it was in my chest,i tried to ignore it and kept walking but it got worse then i broke out in a sweat and i was only walking really slow.So i had to stop and it went.My doc again saying it anxiety and overbreathing causing all this .But it is no wonder that we end up terrified of having a heart attack when we get all these horrid feelings.I am so sick of being like this.Has anyone else had this sensation while walking or working out.kind regards molly

crazyhayz
01-10-10, 16:33
Gosh, tonnes of times! Mostly in supermarkets or shopping centres, high streets etc.. Its really scary isnt it, and really hard to live with :( I stil get it now but i know its just anxiety so it doesnt bother me anymore. good luck, and yes it is just anxiety hun x

molly36
01-10-10, 18:00
Hi thank you for your reply.Just finding it all really hard again kind regards molly

debera
01-10-10, 20:35
hi
yes i get the same feelings that you are having especially that awful feeling in the chest like butterflies in the stomach. its just anxiety hun. try not to worry hard i know. the less you worry about it, it will go away but i do know what u are going through and its not nice at all.
debera :hugs:

molly36
02-10-10, 11:34
Hi thank you for your reply ,im so tired of all these heart feelings .Last night again i had terrible eratic pulse ,not ectopics but my pulse all over the place ,it lasted around a minute but i just cant cope with the fear anymore kind regards molly

angels22165
02-10-10, 14:58
Hi Molly, how you feeling? I too have the strange butterfly sensation in my chest plus the tightness, and doing any form of exertion makes it worse can feel it getting tighter aldo effects for stomach muscles too in the same way, tried to relax them but seems to make no difference. Its not nice.

ian414
02-10-10, 15:03
Hi molly its hard to believe what other people say somtimes as i have the same problem, we go to the doctor's and Hospital's and when they say its Panic or Anxitey you think no way is it, i know how i feel and to me it feels like the heart is going to stop as how can it go that fast, well hun please believe what they say i didnt believe no one for nearly 9 months after having 200 ECGs 179 Blood Tests calling 999 98 times hun i have bad health Anxitey, my heart will race all day everyday with the worry i have, mine has been up to 200 beats a min on a full blown panic Attack i couldnt walk i had to crawl on my knees, but my heart will be racing everyday now anything from 100 to 149 beats a min, it can last for an hour or so, but it will slow down in the end, it wont harm you its the fear of the fear, hun listen to me just get on with your life thats what your not doing as your worrying to much over anxitey, once you start to do things and not worry you will get back to normal i promise you, as i said im still haveing it to this day and ive been like this for over 1 year now but hun it will get better God Bless Ian x

gtag
02-10-10, 15:32
Can I please ask I feel like I have got constant heartburn right in the center below my ribs and sometimes twinges into my back does anyone else have this. It feels very sore to touch.

molly36
02-10-10, 16:44
Hi thank you for your replies i am always very gratefull.Yes i get heartburn where you say and more recently it has been worse ,i think it all the worry it will prob cos too much acid .God wouldnt it be nice to live with less fear of every symptom . kind regards molly