PDA

View Full Version : One step forward

bottleblond
01-10-10, 15:03
Ello peeps

I had my first appointment with new C.P.N today.
To be quite honest, i have had c.p.n's before and found them no help at all, infact i probably could have told them a thing or two about anxiety/panic attacks/agoraphobia.

Anyhoooo....

My mum picked me up and my stomach was in my mouth, i wasn't in a good place at all and for two pins, i could have aborted mission and said booger it. I knew if i wanted my life back then i had to go through with it no matter what so with clenched fists and gritted teeth, i got there.
Thankfully i only had to wait 5 minutes before Julie (C.P.N) came out and got me.

She said i was only there for an assessment and would probably have to go back on her waiting list after that. :shrug:
She started asking me all the usual questions then said 'hold on-i want to try something here with you'. I was like WHAT?! ......
She asked about all my fears going out ect with i answered honestly and then she asked me how i would feel if she was to tell me we were going a walk to Morrisons and what my anxiety levels were regarding that out of 10, to which i immediately replied 11.

She said she wanted to work with me on EFT. Right i didn't have a scooby what this woman was going on about but i liked her coz she was smart, funny and swore like a trooper. (my type of person) lol.
She explained EFT was energy tapping. Ahhhh so now i knew what she meant but no no way that shiz was gonna work on me. So we began..i had to tap where she was showing me and repeat what she was saying.
After the first session she asked then what my anx level would be about going to Morrisons and i said a 7. So off we went again with the tapping, anx level went to a 5, so then we went again (you can see where i am going here right?) lol... After then session she said ok so now what would you said if i said we were going to Morrisons and i said 'well come on then' :ohmy: Sooooooo off we went to Morrisons, then in to the library to see Mo then back to the health centre. :shrug: Ok this was really weird!! She said see you have only known me 30 mins and now we are out for a walk around.

Anyhooooo again..i don't have to go on her waiting list, she's booked me in in 11 days time again. :yesyes:

After i left i came bk home then went with my mum to pick Ben up from high school. We got out the car and walked through about 200 kids so i could meet him at the gate. He was over the moon to see me there so that gave me another boost. Then when i got home i got a txt from another friend saying she was on the bus on her way bk from shopping..so i took myself away up to the bus stop to meet her. :)

I'm not sure how all this is going to work but i will do and try anything to get rid of this dreaded anxiety and agoraphobia.

Just wanted to share

Lisa
xx
:hugs:

KK77
01-10-10, 15:16
Dearest BB

Now, how many times have I tapped on your window at night and you rudely ignored me, leaving poor MM out in the cold!

Well done my friend - hope you go from strength to strength and sort all this tapping out once and for all...

MM

X

jada
01-10-10, 15:18
Great stuff!!!!:yesyes:

bottleblond
01-10-10, 15:19
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I did provide you with a hot water bottle and umbrella though MM. lol

I have no idea IF this will be any good for me but it's worth a try. It's all about tapping the accupunture points. I never knew that! :roflmao:

xxx

bottleblond
01-10-10, 15:20
Thank you Jada

Lisa
xx

ditzygirl
01-10-10, 15:48
That is brilliant and well done.

Please can you keep us update with how its going - I am amazed at what you have achieved so quickly - I hope your really proud of yourselfx

paula lynne
01-10-10, 16:09
That is just amazing news....wow....such a breakthrough. So proud of you...xxx keep going!! xxxxx and yes, regular updates on this..Im so impressed x:yesyes::yahoo:

bottleblond
01-10-10, 16:39
Awww thank you ladies. :hugs:

I certainly will keep you updated. Quite intrigued myself to be honest. Lol

Thanks again lovely people

Lisa
xxx

ladybird64
01-10-10, 16:45
This could be the start of something great Lisa..let us know how it goes.

bottleblond
01-10-10, 18:43
Thanks hun...i promise i will!

suzy-sue
01-10-10, 19:37
:yahoo:well done Lisa ..Thats brilliant news .. Onward and upward :yahoo: luv Sue xxx:bighug1:

bottleblond
01-10-10, 21:55
That is the most fantastic news :hugs:

xxxxxx

Thanks mate! We need to catch up soon! :hugs::hugs:
xxx

bottleblond
01-10-10, 21:55
:yahoo:well done Lisa ..Thats brilliant news .. Onward and upward :yahoo: luv Sue xxx:bighug1:

Awww cheers Suzy...fingers crossed hun xxxxx :hugs:

nomorepanic
01-10-10, 21:57
Well done to my special mate BB

So proud of you mate

I hope you got loads of pizzas in Morrisons lol

http://rlv.zcache.com/penguin_dreaming_well_done_sticker-p217121495410386220qjcl_400.jpg

KK77
01-10-10, 22:06
Did someone say pizzas? Be right over BB - you got the beer in the fridge?

bottleblond
01-10-10, 22:11
Awww thank you mates!!
nic :hugs:
No pizzas for me i'm afraid. Hope to make up for it tomorrow night though. Lol

See now i want a pizza :weep:

:blush:

xxxxx

diane07
01-10-10, 22:14
Lisa,

I am soooooooooooooo proud of you mate.

Well done for going to meet the cpn and well done for getting out there.

Remember it is your life and you can take control of it again.

I am so so so proud of you :bighug1:

di xx

bottleblond
01-10-10, 22:21
Thank you mate!!
I will put my all into this. Got the right person now i think.

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

xxxxxx

Inspires
03-10-10, 00:14
Hi Lisa,

Your post made me really smile, as it was so inspirational. :D

In fact, I think that many of us on this forum will be ascending on to our own local Morrisons.

You did GREAT! Keep up the brilliant work...

Take care,

Sue x. :flowers:

PoppyC
03-10-10, 17:06
Hi Lisa
Well done! :yesyes:

bottleblond
03-10-10, 21:35
Hi Lisa,

Your post made me really smile, as it was so inspirational. :D

In fact, I think that many of us on this forum will be ascending on to our own local Morrisons.

You did GREAT! Keep up the brilliant work...

Take care,

Sue x. :flowers:

Thank you so much for your kind words hun!! :hugs:

xxx

bottleblond
03-10-10, 21:36
Poppy..thank you :hugs: xx

weeble40
04-10-10, 00:38
when we off to the pub then???

well done my mate, im dead proud of ya, keep it up, and we maybe will get you to a meet very soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

bottleblond
04-10-10, 16:32
Emms pick you up at 8 Lol

Cheers mate

xxxx

bottleblond
05-10-10, 15:47
I haven't continued with the tapping but my convidence is still there.

Today (with my mum) I took my lad to the dentist. Dropped him off at school then went to Morrisons and did my own shopping. :yahoo:

Lisa
x

SueBee
05-10-10, 16:49
If anyones off to the pub I'm coming too!!

Only just seen this Lisa, a massive well done to you Mrs :hugs:

Sue xxx

bottleblond
05-10-10, 17:01
:yahoo: Thank you mate xxxx:yahoo:

JaneC
05-10-10, 17:02
Lisa, you should be so proud of yourself! :flowers:

bottleblond
05-10-10, 18:49
Thanks Jane. I am hun and long may it continue. :yesyes: xxx

ditzygirl
05-10-10, 19:57
Well done hun that is a result - thanks for sharing with us, just proves you can get better!x

bottleblond
05-10-10, 21:56
Thanks hun... we can certainly try! You lot have been a great help to me xxxxx