PDA

View Full Version : Breasts ultrasound today

countrygirl
01-10-10, 17:25
I had my ultrasound today and thankfully the Dr who did it gave me the results and he said absolutely fine so with clear mammo and clear ultrasound I think its just a case of having the infrared breastscan every 6 months or so or thats what I hope they will say.

I found out more info and it seems that anyone who is morbidly obese or has breast cup size greater than DD should not have infrared breastscan as they can't do it properly - I am less than one point off being morbidly obese on the bmi calculater and my cup size is E - I did say at the scan won't my large dangly!!!! sorry tmi breasts cause a problem with the scan as the underneaths lay flat on my chest ( men stop reading now pleae!).

The other thing is that these scans can pick up changes up to 10 years before a cancer develops and they say at least if you get a iffy scan you can keep scanning to detect a cancer very very early.

So at present I don't know if the abnormlites in both breasts were just technical due to my weight and breast size or are an indication of possible future problem.

My underactive thryoid causes huge problems with weight but I am now going to try super hard to lose weight so wish me luck!

Vixxy
01-10-10, 18:15
Congrats on the good news :)

paula lynne
01-10-10, 18:19
Hi Countrygirl..so glad it was a positive result. Im now obese according to my gp (13st, 5'6) and cup size E....I keep telling her the boobs weight 2st but she wont have it...haha...Im so pleased for you, great positive xx :yesyes::yesyes::yesyes::yesyes::yesyes::yesyes::y esyes::yesyes::yesyes::yesyes::yesyes::yesyes::yes yes:

bronte
01-10-10, 19:24
im so pleased for you countrygirl i bet that is a weight off your mind xx

Heidi1981
01-10-10, 19:44
Great news! I have mine next Wednesday - fingers crossed for the same result!

xx

countrygirl
01-10-10, 20:45
Thanks everyone - Hiede if you don't me asking why are you having your ultrasound???

I will be interested to get my report next week sometime and assume they will be telling me to have a infrared scan every 6 months.