PDA

View Full Version : Bad night last night

bluebirds2005
02-03-04, 21:53
Well after 6 panic free days i was finaly starting to relax and was just talking in the chatroom last night about how i was starting to control the panic symptoms when bang out of nowhere came the worst panic attack ive ever experienced my chest was about to expload it was so painful my head was spinning my heart was beatin out of control and my throat was closing up i just couldnt moved so switched of the pc and layed there waiting do die which as usual never happened but today i feel like crap and just cant be bothered getting out of bed incase i have another panic attack but 1 attack in 14 days since i started my meds is not bad considering it was 4 or 5 a day before so i suppose i should be greatfull that its slowly getting better

gareth

nomorepanic
02-03-04, 22:12
Gareth

I wasn't in chat last night - did they help you atall?

Don't stay in bed waiting for it to happen - you get up and about yeah. Come on Gareth you can do it! Don't let it beat you ok?

Nicola

bluebirds2005
02-03-04, 23:55
as soon as it happened i shut down the pc i still feel rough now i got terrible chest pains again because in anxious that its gonna happen again and ive had a great week and now feel like im back to square one

gareth

diana
03-03-04, 05:20
Gareth,

Sorry to hear you had a bad attack last night. I do hope you are feeling a bit better now.

Don`t beat yourself up too much about this little set back. We all have them. You will get past this.

You are not going back to square one again. Just a little step backwards is all. We all go through this. You have to keep pushing forward in your recovery.

Just bask in the good week you have had. Put this bad experience behind you and move ahead.

You have plenty of support here. You are not alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You will do just fine. Try not to dwell on the bad days and bask in the good days. They will come more and frequent. You`ll see :)!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care,

Diana xxxx

jollywalrus
03-03-04, 09:25
Hi Gareth,
I am so sorry you have had such a bad panic attack. When they are that bad, I know it is hard to bring in to play all the techniques that help you get through it. It WAS awful, but try to turn it around in your mind. Yes, you panicked, but you coped and it was a setback. It gave you more back up to realise that no matter how bad it was, you survived, and when it is that bad again, you can remember that you got through it last time and will again.
It is hard to be positive with that cloud over your head, but we are all rooting for you here. You can do it.
Christine

Lottie32
03-03-04, 10:00
Hi Gareth

EVERYBODY SUFFERS SET BACKS.

Try not to focus on the horrible panic attack you had last night.

INSTEAD - think about all the PANIC FREE days you had before.

Your body has learnt a trick (panicking) and unfortunately, it doesn't just let go like that! Every so often, it likes to remind you that it can still perform!

Please try not to give in.

Get up, get out, do something. Concentrate on getting hold of your mind, and regaining control!

Keep a diary of all the good days, and keep re-reading it everytime you have a bad day - it soon helps you to focus on how much better you have become.

Above all, don't dwell on your little slip back. It happens to everyone of us, imagine it as a little slip, not a slide, and something that you will very quickly climb back up from

Charlie

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Juliet
03-03-04, 16:40
Gareth,
All good advise from everyone.
Sorry you had such a rough night.
I agree with Nicola that you should not let it beat you.Get up and find something to occupy your mind.I spent alot of time in bed when I was at my worst and it just made me fel depressed.

Focus on your positives.Going form 3-4 panics a day to one in several days is really an great positive.We all have setbacks.Im having one at the moment,but you will get there.The fact that you recognised it as panic is a huge plus in itself.Chin up and good luck.

T x

sadie
03-03-04, 20:31
Hi Gareth,

Hope your feeling a bit better today! I think all the advice you ahev been given is great...dont let Panic get the better of you.

We do all suffer from set backs, which occur just to see if we can cope and to let us see just how far we have come. YOu have had 6 PANIC FREE DAYS, thats great and you should focus on this and not on the fact that the panic has came back to frighten you. Thats all it is, its come back to see if it can win and you need to stand up to it again like you ahve done before and show it you are not frightened anymore!!

Keep yourself active...please dont stay in bed as this does make you feel worse. Get up and try and do something..a walk to the shops or to a friends anything to take your mind of things. You will see that when you dont worry and think of panic attacks and the symptoms that they disappear. I promise!!

Remember that the symptoms will not harm you in anyway, they are unpleasant but NOT harmful. Say this to yourself over and over again until you believe it.

Take care

sadie

me
05-03-04, 21:06
gareth im new to all this and my heart goes out to you ive had the worst two weeks of my life i just cant seem to shift them today i found it almost inpossible to leave the house as the panics were coming and going all day but last night i had a really relaxing evening why oh why oh why be brave from me

diana
08-03-04, 18:39
Hiya Me,

Welcome aboard!!!!!!!! :).

Glad you have found our little forum here. There are loads of topics on this disorder to read, and we have the most caring supportive folks on here you could ever imagine.

I am sorry to hear you are having a rough go at this anxiety/panic. I hope you are feeling much better today.

Please do not allow this disorder to keep ya in the bed. The more control over our lives we give it the more it takes.......

I know this is easier said than done most times, but you have fellow sufferers on here who are willing to see you through this horrid condition.

Together we will 'ALL' beat this thing, I just know we will. :)!!!!!

Keep posting to let us know how you are getting along.

Hoping you are having an anxiety/panic free day.

Take care,

Diana xxxxx