PDA

View Full Version : Do i have OCD?

sugar
06-03-06, 23:49
I think maybe im a perfectionist?? Does it fall under the category of OCD? Everything i write, everything i do, the way i look, the way other things look all have to be, well, perfect. ?

nomorepanic
07-03-06, 16:06
Not necessarily.

What happens if you don't do these things? How do you feel then?

Nicola

mum2four
15-04-06, 09:05
I may be OCD only if the perfection is not wanted or needed or very disruptive to yur life some how. If you want to be a perfectionist and you enjoy seeing thing perfect and you feel incontrol of you life and you perfection than you are just a perfectionist

I get thoughts that I need or want thing to look just right but I really dont want to live in a show room house I want to live in a comfortable kid friendly home. I know that I will never beable to reach the feeling I want from something it is simply unatainable even one something is clean and semetrical and seems like it sould feel neat and tidy It just dosn't feel neat and tidy ever Yesterday I spent hour reorganising my room just because I had not done it a long time i have been avoiding giving in to the feeling that things were not feeling right or clean. I had no kids so I said what the heck I have nothing better to do lol. After ward I sat down and I got upset that it still didn't feel neat or clean I was getting thoughts of using anti bac products or other thing and maybe then it will feel cleaner but I know it wont It never dose like I have achived that just right feeling I ended up telling my self to " just walk away it fine walk away it's not the end of the world"