PDA

View Full Version : Bit Gross, Spot on my back

ZMan
01-10-10, 21:24
Basically I've had a 'spot' on my back for a few weeks now, at times during these three weeks it has been sore, at first it was just a red area around what appeared to be a minor bump and it has grown till now it is a large spot area - a large lump has formed in the middle with areas of redness around it and it has been leaking fluid a bit over the course of today.

Now I'm convincing myself that somethings majorly up with myself, but is this fairly normal and should I do anything about it ?

Vixxy
01-10-10, 21:28
It might be an infected hair follicle. I would get in a warm shower and give your back a wash to try and heat it up and hope the puss comes out without squeezing.
Get someone to have a look at it and see if they can see a dark dot in the middle, which would indicate an infected hair follicle.
Try to keep it clean over the weekend and if its still weeping on monday go to the doctors. :)
Its easily fixed with an antibiotic cream, if you cant help it by then.

ZMan
01-10-10, 21:30
It might be an infected hair follicle. I would get in a warm shower and give your back a wash to try and heat it up and hope the puss comes out without squeezing.
Get someone to have a look at it and see if they can see a dark dot in the middle, which would indicate an infected hair follicle.
Try to keep it clean over the weekend and if its still weeping on monday go to the doctors. :)
Its easily fixed with an antibiotic cream, if you cant help it by then.

Thanks for your reply, I might give the shower thing a go.
There does indeed appear to be a dark dot in the middle of the 'spot'.
Thanks.

Vixxy
01-10-10, 21:34
If you think its a hair and youre feeling brave then get a pair of tweezers and try and release it. That will help the skin to heal.
Make sure you clean the tweezers first though! I usually pour boiling water over them.
If you do pick at the spot, boil some water put it in a cup with some salt and use that to clean it up afterwards. Again that will help :)
Ive had an infected hair on my chest before and as soon as I released the hair, it started to heal.

ZMan
01-10-10, 21:43
Thanks for your information, it appears upon closer inspection that there is one big black dot and smaller one both on the inflamed bit....

I would take a picture and post but that would be gross :roflmao:

Can an infected hair follicle also lead to tingling in that part of your body? As miens is on my upper back and the area around it is tingling ever so slightly (and my slight health anxiety makes me tune into it more)

Vixxy
02-10-10, 09:48
If youve got an infection then yes you could get tingling.