PDA

View Full Version : Im sooooooooooooooooo scared!

ames6767
01-10-10, 21:33
please can someone help me. I suffer missed heartbeats for quite a while and cope better lately but tonight it frightened me yet again. I ate quite a large meal and sat up and I must have had about 15 missed heartbeats continually which terrified me! has anyone else had that many in a row? x:weep:

Going home
01-10-10, 23:28
Hi ames, yes it is common to get them like this and very scary I know. Having a big meal would also provoke them as the stomach and the heart are connected by the vagus nerve, and whenever the stomach is irritated the heart can be too. Missed beats can happen any time for any reason if you are sensitive to them. Ive had them off and on for a long time as have alot of other members here. If you've had all the tests done and your doctor has told you there is nothing wrong with your heart you have to try and accept that this is your weak spot, just as some people get migraines and others go to the loo more often etc. They are uncomfortable and there are meds that calm them down but try not to be scared of them, they are harmless.

Anna xx :)

looking4answers
02-10-10, 08:11
I am a sincere believer that large meals or no meals cause the stomach to make the heart skip beats,also being tired, drinking to much coffee ,eating too much food or sweets or stress..Stomach acid sure does wreak havoc with making the heart skip,be it from hunger,stress ,too much to eat or smoking ..so many causes.I have lived with it all my life.Hope you feel better soon.Its miserable I know but Im pretty sure not dangerous

Jaco45er
02-10-10, 08:18
They are scarier than a woman in a shoe shop with your credit card.

Ames the following is from the netdoctor website:

"Ectopic heartbeats are really just extra beats that make the heart 'bump' irregularly from time to time.
They can be very disconcerting, but they are quite harmless and not indicative of anything seriously wrong with your heart. Everyone, even athletes, get them occasionally.
The difficulty with ectopic beats is that they tend to be more frequent and more noticeable when you're stressed or worried.
It is possible to find yourself in a bit of a vicious cycle with the ectopic beats adding to your anxiety and causing more palpitations.
Any additional unpleasant stress, such as period problems, is likely to add to your symptoms for the same reason.
It is worth remembering that artificial stimulants, such as tobacco and caffeine in drinks (tea, coffee and coke), will also make any ectopic heartbeat more frequent.
So cutting down on stimulants and taking more physical exercise can really make you feel better. "

So they are scary, but harmless :)

TC

Jaco

Merrymoose
02-10-10, 09:50
Hi Honey,

I used to suffer with these really badle, and I know they can be really scary.

They are totally normally with anxiety, its when adrenaline is pushef through the heart and so it does an extra beat.
Sometimes I felt as though it would take my breath away,

I do knwo its hard but try and think they are normal, they wont hurt you. when you get them cough or take a few deep breaths, that normally helps.

Be strong xx

ames6767
03-10-10, 10:08
thank you all for your replys. much appreciate and helps to calm me down x

carli
03-10-10, 11:05
I am a sincere believer that large meals or no meals cause the stomach to make the heart skip beats,also being tired, drinking to much coffee ,eating too much food or sweets or stress..Stomach acid sure does wreak havoc with making the heart skip,be it from hunger,stress ,too much to eat or smoking ..so many causes.I have lived with it all my life.Hope you feel better soon.Its miserable I know but Im pretty sure not dangerous

Hiya, i tottally agree with the abouve quote. I have been getting severe missed heart beats for about a month and last night after a big meal i had them really bad. I took 4 small spoons of gaviscon and did not have them anymore last night and so fr none this morning? So it could be reflux acid? Hope your feeling better babes xxxx