PDA

View Full Version : Exhaustion or anxiety - chicken or egg

LeighD
07-03-06, 05:21
Hi everyone,

I have been doing so well on my meds (Cipramil) which I have been on for 5 months now for panic and anxiety, and probably a bunch of depression thrown in - all due to 2 stressful years, culminating in moving countries 3 months after my baby was born. Some of you may recall my posts on the subject.

Anyway, every now and then I have a wobbly or two, and turn to the forum to read helpful posts which is a godsend.

My current reason for writing is this - does anyone else out there get so exhausted that you think there is something wrong with you? I have had a stressful time with a 3 week visit from Mother-in-law, followed immediately by a friend with her family for a week, followed immediately by my father-in-law. I am definitely stretched and trying to hold onto balance, but am battling with being tour guide in between fetching my 5 year old from school and dealing with baby routine. Also, still new in Australia so that takes some settling in. I am so tired that I can barely get through the day sometimes - spend the time yawning my head off and hoping that coffee will help my complete lack of energy.

What I have found is that I have also had to take a couple of xanax's this week because for the first time in months I have felt the anxiety bottling up. Dizziness hits me in shopping centers or when I am out and about, and I have once again started thinking morbid thoughts about cancer and the like.

Are the anxiety and exhaustion linked, do you think? How can I get over this exhaustion and start functioning properly again - I do not wish to start myself on a cycle of health anxiety again. Could the last 8 weeks of visitors have caused the anxiety to rear its lovely little head again?

I would really appreciate hearing if others have had similar experiences. As always, thanks to Meg and co for provide this forum, which is truly a life support.

Leigh

jackie
07-03-06, 09:12
leigh they are both very much linked . one causes th eother and vice versa. how old is your baby?

you have had alot of visitors, even welcome visitors take their toll i promise

try to tell yourself you are tired and need a rest, and that even if the anxiety did return you would deal with it as you have done in the past. i have felt like this many times and kids take their toll as you no in themselves. give yourself a break if that is possible and pat yourself on the back you are doing well
jackie

katyfitz
07-03-06, 15:03
i am exactly the same as u it takes one foot out thedoor for me to feel strange and then oh no its coming yep the lightheadness hits me. i too when walking and get out of breath think im suffering from blood clots on my lungs then when i come to a halt in a shop que i think any minute now im gonna pass out bu the more u say no ur not the more you find 5 mins later ur thinking of sometthing else and yes you have NOT yet fainted. u will have great advice on here good luck and chin up chicken we all are in the same boat

LeighD
07-03-06, 21:56
Thanks guys. I must say that it always helps me to remember things that people have posted on this forum. I am going to up the old vitamins and try to feed my body more, and hope this helps. Plus I have GOT to get some exercise.

Piglet
08-03-06, 09:37
Well pushing anxiety aside for a minute, as I recall having a new baby and a 5 year old to take of always had me absolutely knackered.

I think this is purely down to that, as most new mums will agree.

Take a breather whenever and wherever you can and realise that this is perfectly normal.

Wait till they're teenagers lol :D:D:D

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.