PDA

View Full Version : Becoming a Fitness freak!

JAYQ
02-10-10, 00:34
Ok well maybe this a good sign that it is after all anxiety that is taking me over. I can be feeling dreadful, tightness of breathing, weakness, just an overall ill feeling, tired etc and as soon as i get to the gym run my 2 miles then lift for almost 2 hours i feel great, well besides being worn out from the cardio and weight lifting lol.

But the entire time i am working out i am feeling fine and normal. Some days are so bad before i go to work out i really have to convince myself to workout because i feel so not right inside me and ill. Sometimes as bad as feeling like i need to go to hospital again, but when i do decide to go to gym i feel lots better. Of course sometimes when i am done and come back home later on i will start to feel miserable again but i guess its because gym is like my only happiness right now which is sad, because i have noone else and my family lives thousands of miles away. Living single and alone makes it worse i guess and when i am at the gym i dont know i guess it lifts my spirts and i like getting ripped lol.

Anyway is there anyone else out there that feels the same way? Dreadful and ill feeling but when they exercise they feel good? Is that really an anxiety a** kicker? lol I just wish that it would stay away for good is all :(

JAYQ
03-10-10, 23:58
anyone? :unsure:

debs71
04-10-10, 00:04
Yes, I too feel better when I workout and after visiting the gym. I feel mentally boosted and good about myself.

Once I get on the bike/treadmill I just lose myself in focusing on that and it distracts my mind away from my anxiety and panic.

Of course the physical reason for this is that endorphins - the things that give us that 'feelgood factor' are released during exercise so we DO end up feeling good after a workout.

I've been going pretty regularly to the gym for the last few months, but sadly not for the past few weeks due to my panic attacks as I've been having problems getting out of the house, but I hope to get back on that treadmill soon!

Boxerharvey
04-10-10, 11:08
I could have written that myself Jayq I feel exactly the same and its got to the point that I cant miss a training session for anything. If I go on holiday Im a nightmare because I cant train and I end up making myself feel worse through worry & anxiety.
I can be feeling so bad with my anxiety symptoms sometimes to the point where I feel like I cant function properley or im on the verge of dying but as soon as I get into the kickboxing gym all symptoms go and it isnt till im driving home that sometimes they return.
My doctor tells me that if there was anything seriously wrong with me then the symptoms would not go when I train and that they would be constant so that should prove to me that it is just mental anxiety that i have and nothing else.
Problem I find though is that I overtrain too often and it leads to me feeling even worse the next day because of fatigue until I get to the gym again.