PDA

View Full Version : crisis teams

lonely
02-10-10, 19:06
what do they do exactly :blush:

sammi
02-10-10, 19:11
Do you mean a mental health crisis team? If so my mum had them come out. They are short term help. They come to your home talk through your problems how your feeling etc. Then they decide with you what's the best way forward whether it be medication counciling etc they can put you in touch with councilers. They are really good hun and will only sign you off when they are happy you have all the help you need. X

lonely
02-10-10, 19:15
thanks, yes mh team , i didn't want them to come, but hospital referred me to them yesterday, they refuse to give me anymore medication, incaase it stops my heart, i wish they'd just sort my heart problem out once and for all and then over things might get sorted too

sammi
02-10-10, 19:25
Well I'm sure they will be a great help to you. X

Going home
03-10-10, 01:56
What are your heart problems lonely?

Anna xx

Kerry B
03-10-10, 06:09
The Crisis Team is available 24/7 and either talk to you on the phone or come to your home, I have called them when I have had a Panic Attack and found them to be very good, just knowing they are there for me is a comfort.

lonely
03-10-10, 11:09
mitral valve prolapse and regurgitation, prolonged QT-interval, irregular heart beat

they have removed the meds that helped me, and won't give me anything to help, i was on them for 3years and they worked, they never did me anyharm but still stopped them :weep:

lonely
05-10-10, 21:04
they where meant to phone back today to arrange a time to come tomorrow, they havn't, they said tea time but thats gone way past now, and i think they finish work 9pm :unsure:

sammi
05-10-10, 21:12
They have someone working all night hun I think. Maybe give them a call? Just a thought. Or maybe they will phone you tomorrow morning. X

lonely
08-10-10, 17:59
they where busy they phoned hte next morning, however they couldn't come that day, soo as i prefer to be in on my own and keep things private from rest of family, as find it hard to talk with them around and uncomfortable, soo they are calling again on monday, my cpn spoke to them too, as she phoned monday afternoon and i said i had, had them around and was in contact with them
i also had a psychiatrist appointment on thursday afternoon, feeling alittle better this week, last week i was about to give up on everything
although i did have bad news from therapist on tuesday who doesn't think therapy is working for me, not that i don't try they know i do, they said it doesn't work for everyone, soo not sure where to go from there