PDA

View Full Version : Wierd head! Is yours like this?

pinkpiglet
02-10-10, 19:28
This dizziness is wierd! I am sat watching tele, talking to my fella, tappin away on the computer when..... Whhoooosshh, i feel as if I am going to fall to the side, like somethings pushing me over. Its as if my head is swimming and I'm going to pass out. Last night when I went to bed I got this too, i was okay until i turned to settle down and put my head on the pilllow, i felt as if i would faint. I dont know if this is like anything I have had before, it just feels different.

If you get dizzy, could you describe what its like and how it starts??

thanks x

MrBlue
02-10-10, 19:47
Yeah I often get this when I'm going into situations I don't like, when I go to work I get this feeling for the first couple of hours but then when I'm comfortable in my surroundings I feel fine :) I do get it randomly like you have said aswell, it's freaky :) all part of anxiety my doctor said.

Anabell
02-10-10, 20:23
Hi there I get this a lot too. I think your 'whooosh' describes it well for me - it's almost like a wave breaking over my head and I feel like I'm not really there, then unsteady and dizzy. If I'm standing or walking it can feel sudden and strong enough to feel like vertigo and as if I'm going to fall over. It crops up all the time especially at the start of a panic attack or when I'm really tired and definately seems to be part of the panic process.

Meewah
02-10-10, 22:27
Hi

I used to get this at work. Similar to you I used to sit in front of the computer and then i would get what I called a wave which came suddenly and I feel'd like I was going to fall off my seat. This would make me feel floaty as if on a ship for a little time afterwards.

Now I don't get them. I had to accept them which came easy after having them for so long. When you accept them and don't fight them they lose there power to instil fear.

Hope this helps

Me

mandie
03-10-10, 01:03
[QUOTE=Anabell;718921]Hi there I get this a lot too. I think your 'whooosh' describes it well for me - it's almost like a wave breaking over my head and I feel like I'm not really there, then unsteady and dizzy.

This is exactly what i get. I hate it so much its my worst anx symptom.

my anx has been so high for the past 3 months now and i seem to have this symptom every day now :weep:

love mandie x