PDA

View Full Version : Hi im just looking for some help

Liam26
02-10-10, 22:03
Hello,

Im Liam im 30yrs male living in Glasgow (originally from Bolton). I have been suffering with panic attacks on and off for around 8yrs. Just under a year ago after a severe attack I have been constantly battling with anxiety on a daily basis.

This usually involves a tight chest, breathlessness, headaches and muscle pains which just cause me to freak out and worry that i have something serious (although I know I havent!). It is also not helping me sleep, I have become ratty with my girlfriend and find it hard to concentrate! I also constantly have to nip to the loo!

so I am looking for some advice/help etc.. I have been to my GP on numerous occasions and they say I need to breath do yoga etc.. they also gave me some pills which I never took. I would like to try CBT by have no idea where to go.

Sorry to go on, hope everyone else is doing fine, thanks for reading.

Liam

nomorepanic
02-10-10, 22:10
Hi Liam26

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

olderfella
02-10-10, 22:20
hi Liam your gp should put you forward for cbt therapy go back to him and ask him to arrange it for you:)

Vanilla Sky
02-10-10, 23:02
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

Mr Parfect
03-10-10, 01:37
Welcome to NMP

jada
03-10-10, 06:42
Hi Liam and welcome :)
Yep..your gp should be able to refer you for cbt.
I have been suffering the exact same symtoms and have just had a referral for cbt next week.
Also, my doc prescribed anti-anxiety meds (escitilipram) which i have been putting off taking for years. Anyhow, i thought i'd give them a try and plucked up the courage to take them. I'm on day 5 now and the chest pains etc have disappeared and i'm feeling a lot less anxious.
Am also finding relaxation tapes quite helpful.
Hope you find plenty of answers.

Veronica H
03-10-10, 08:33
:welcome:to NMP Liam. This is an illness of how we think and CBT is very good for overthinkers. Ask your GP to refer you. Glad that you have found us.

Veronicax

Fly away Katie
03-10-10, 17:45
Hello, and welcome to NMP :welcome: x x x