PDA

View Full Version : Can excessive wiping cause vaginal bleeding?

87sal87
02-10-10, 23:15
I've been having some issues for a few months now on & off.
I tend to need the toilet more than the average & can get quite paranoid about it [worrying about needing the toilet when I'm out kind of thing] & about once a month, about a week after my period I get excessive discharge which makes it 'uncomfortable' so I wipe rather excessively & perhaps 'too far up' to make it more dry down there & now I've noticed light pink streaks of blood on the tissue, it looks like it could be in the discharge or something...

Could the wiping have harmed me in anyway, or could it be something serious? I've been fretting about Ovarian Cancer for awhile now.

I'm not yet sexually active & I suffer from Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.

Any advice would be appreciated x

EDIT: I should probably also mention that I've had my Urine tested this month & they said nothing was wrong

cattttt
03-10-10, 05:25
First I'd like to say ovarian cancer is something older women get. I'm guessing you're young, so the chances are pretty close to zero. The skin in that area is very delicate, so excessive wiping with paper can cause streaks of blood in the discharge. It wasn't meant to be rubbed with anything rough and dry like that!

87sal87
03-10-10, 14:07
Thanks for the advice. I know older women get it, but I know younger people who have had it too.
I'm 23 & I've heard stories were poor girls have died of it at my age :(

I'm trying to tell myself that I've just made myself sore but it's hard to relax...as always.
If it doesn't calm down, I'll have to go to the doctors. :(

Thanks again x

countrygirl
03-10-10, 15:02
Instead of rubbing try just patting yourself dry that way you cannot go too far up or be too vigorous. As you have polywhatsit ovaries then your homrones will be a bit wonky so it could just be a slight hormone imbalance common for women at every age!

For your peace of mind stop rubbing and just ask your Dr .