PDA

View Full Version : advice needed please

ems43
03-10-10, 12:33
Hi there

I have been struggling with severe anxiety, depression and depersonalisation for about 3 months now. Was prescribed escitalopram which worked brilliantly for me in the past but this time seemed to make things a lot worse... i felt in a constant state of terror like a waking nightmare and ended up in a and e last sunday due to terrifying suicidal thoughts. anyway, saw psychiatrist on friday and prescribed mitazapine. had to start last night and was terrified of starting it, am terrified of everything at the moment. took it and straight away started to think do i feel more weird, do i feel worse? slept straight through which was nice but today woke up feelin really anxious thinking are things worse now, are the meds making me worse? I'm trying to convince myself that this is psychosomatic but just cannot seem to calm myself down. also does anyone have any experiences of takign diazapan with mitaxapine... am also scared of taking these. oh god i look forward ot the day i am not scared to be alive!!

thank you so much for any advice offered xxxxx:)

JT69
03-10-10, 12:44
Hi Ems,

Is it 15mg mirtazipine that you are currently taking?? I think that you are worrying and adding to the anxiety...try to relax a little ( I know this is often easier said than done) and go with the flow.

I take mirtazipine currently 15mg but have taken up to 30mg and it did help me get into a better place!!

Persevere with the meds and you will reap the benefits....hope you feel better soon.

Take care.
Jo.xx

ElizabethJane
03-10-10, 17:24
Dear Ems it will take a few weeks before you begin to feel the benefits of the mirtazapine. If you are taking 15mg or less your sleep will improve almost immediately. I take 45mg of mirtazapine at night and this has improved my mood considerably. I do occasionally take 2mg tablets of diazepan without any side effects. This would take the edge off a very severe panic attack. It is always best to consult your GP first or the crisis team if you are under them and are feeling suicidal. Take care EJ.

ems43
10-10-10, 20:31
thank you for your replies, sorry for delayed response internet has been down for past few days xx