PDA

View Full Version : Feeling a bit strange

richie.1k
03-10-10, 16:39
:wacko:

Hi all

About 7 weeks ago i woke up with a bit of a hangover and feeling extremely dizzy. As the dizziness didnt dissappear after a few days went to see the doctor he thought i had an iner ear infection give me antibiotics and some tablets to help with the dizziness which did faid almost away.
Ive always hated feeling dizzy and have never been on a fairground ride, I get dizzy just looking up at the sky.:ohmy:
. Ive suffered from anxiety and panic attacks for twenty years, and the dizziness started of my panic again. For the last 5 weeks ive been on fluoxetine and my panic attacks have calmed down but my head just feels strange, i feel like its full of cotten wool, still feeling a bit unsteady and scared although i dont know of what, and ive been having some strange and disturbing thoughts like im falling. i just dont feel right in the head.... Is it just a combination of fluoxetine and anxiety?? what doesnt help is that i havent had much work laterly so have spent most of the time sitting at home on my own :scared15: any thoughts would be appreciated
Richie

richie.1k
03-10-10, 16:43
Hi again

Dont know if this makes any difference but i also gave up smoking when i started to feel dizzy 7 weeks ago :yesyes:
Richie

shaz14
03-10-10, 17:09
OMG...It's like I wrote your post! I have had the same thing going on and it's driving me crazy! I also gave up smoking 3 weeks ago but the ear thing started a few weeks before that so that's not the cause of mine but was wondering if it has made mine worse??
I was given anti-biotics in case of infection but that hasn't done any good. My doctor has put it down to blocked eustachian tube and i'm trying everything to clear it, steaming etc. I feel so dizzy and a fullness, cotton wool feeling in my left ear that won't go.
I am clenching my teeth alot though and am wondering if this is tensing my muscles of some sort which won't let it ease.
I have just started taking citalopram which has caused the jaw clenching but I'm hoping when they kick in this will all go away.

shaz14
03-10-10, 17:13
Have you had a cold at all? And when you pinch your nose and blow does it feel like your ears half pop but won't fully pop? If I do this I just get dizzier!

richie.1k
03-10-10, 17:46
Dear Shaz14

At least i know im not alone.:huh: I dont think ive had a cold and i did mention this to the doctor when he gave me the antibiotics as he asked me the same thing. i must admit im not as dizzy as i was but still dont feel right. Hold on just going to try the nose thing .......no doesnt make me feel any worse at the moment. Try this, preferable with someone you can trust or near the bed. Feet together hold your arms out straight either side and shut your eyes. When i do this i sway about quiet a bit. The doctor made me try it and i nearly fell over. Thats when he suspected something wrong with my inear ear..The smoking i gave up after i started to feel dizzy so i guess we can both rule that one out... Will goback and see the doctor next week if things dont improve and kep you posted. :winks: