PDA

View Full Version : Having a Hard Time on new Meds

ogarchamplin
03-03-04, 00:09
I was just switched to Zoloft and the last three days i have been feeling worse then ever. Is their an adjusting period for Zoloft?

Harrisburg, Pa

benoo5
03-03-04, 00:32
yes matey,

its quite normal to feel worse,until the brain accepts the new mood changes,but stick with it,and you will come through,and soon start to see an improvement...best wishes..bryan.

ogarchamplin
03-03-04, 20:59
i cant take it. my heart feels like it is beating a thousand tmes a minute. I wake up feeling this way. I made an appt with the doc on Thursday because i cannot live like this

Harrisburg, Pa

nomorepanic
03-03-04, 21:18
This is quite common, I am afraid to say.

This is why I could never stick to medication - the side effects were too much for me!

The doc will probably tell you to with either stick with it or may try a different one for you.

Hope you feel better soon ok?

Nicola

diana
04-03-04, 20:27
Hiya Ogarchamplin,

How did you get on at the docs?

I hope you are feeling better today.

Post to let us know what is going on okay!!!!!

Take care,

Diana xxxx

ToniDMB
05-03-04, 03:31
Zoloft actually created more panic attacks for me....I don't think it is the best drug for panic and anxiety...you might want to ask your doctor if you can try something else...I did, and they put me on Paxil CR...it seems to be helping me somewhat...I notice my moods have changed drastically...it kind of puts me in zombie mode, but I would rather be feeling like that opposed to panicy.

Hope you start feeling better soon.

Hugs,
Toni

ogarchamplin
05-03-04, 11:35
My doc is trying Effoxor XR..we were going to use Paxil but i just lost 26lbs and we were afarid of the weight gain issue with Paxil.

Harrisburg, Pa

diana
05-03-04, 14:25
Heya Ogarchamplin,

Good news!!!! you are tryimg a new med. I hope it goes well for you.

Post to let us know how you get on with the Effexor.

Congratulations!!!!! on the 26lb weight loss :). Keep up the good work.

Take care,

Diana xxxx

ToniDMB
06-03-04, 17:41
Paxil CR doesn't have the weight gain side effect as regular paxil...I too have lost 22 pounds and still losing, the paxil doesn't seem to affect it at all. But good luck with the Effexor.

diana
08-03-04, 18:19
Good on you ToniDMB for losing 22lbs. Are you using anything inparticular for weight loss or just eating better and exercising?

Keep up the great job!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care,

Diana xxxxx