PDA

View Full Version : coming off antidepressants

Jenny
07-03-06, 10:48
Hi,
I am coming off Sertraline with the help of my GP. Up until this last week I have had no problem at all. I am down to half of a 50mg tab. This last few days I have been feeling nauseous and a headache. Worse first thing in the morning. I don't want to up the does again if possible. I really want to come off them. Anyone any ideas please ?

Thanks
Jenny xxxxx

Southern_Belle
07-03-06, 14:59
Jenny,

Please, please go slowly. If you are feeling so badly maybe you are going too fast. It takes a long time to go off these types of medications. I don't know how long you have been on it but going off is a lot harder than going on them, I have tried. My advice is just to go as slow as possible and know that even though it may take more time than you might have initially thought your goal is to once be off of them. You might have to increase a little more and then slack off again more slowly depending how fast you went down to 50mg. Only your doctor will know. I would call him/her and let them know how you are feeling. Hope you feel better soon.

Beluga

nomorepanic
07-03-06, 15:24
Jenny

How quickly has he been reducing them - how many weeks at what dose etc?

Nicola

Jenny
07-03-06, 20:42
Thanks for replying. In answer to your questions. I was on 100mgs daily for 2 years. When I saw my GP and told her I wanted to come off them she prescribed 50mgs daily starting last Christmas. I then broke them in half (which meant 25mgs) and this last 2 weeks I have having 25mgs every other day.

Jenny xxxx