PDA

View Full Version : Ladies please - I've found a lump...

Mondie
03-10-10, 18:51
...down there.

i have just had a hot bath and whilst cleaning myself I noticed a pea sized lump on the outer lip of my labia wall (labium minus). It's under the skin and throbs a bit.

Trying not to freak out and rush to see a doctor, but what on earth could it be? I am up to date with my smears (all clear) and don't believe it to be any sort of STI as Husband & I are faithful.

Any ideas? Thanks

jada
03-10-10, 19:01
Hi Mondie

It could possibly be a Bartholin's cyst...
The two Bartholin's glands lie next to the entrance to the vagina. They make a small amount of mucus-like fluid. A cyst sometimes develops from a blocked duct that drains the fluid from a Bartholin's gland. Sometimes a gland gets infected. Antibiotics may cure an infection.

Maj
03-10-10, 19:24
More often than not it will go away on it's own. They are really common. If it doesn't resolve itself soon then the doctor can prescribe something. :flowers:

becky000
03-10-10, 20:34
I had this - also rushed to the doctor - terrified! It was nothing serious, I think he said it was a blocked hair follicle - something like that it went away shortly afterwards. Don't worry!

nikki3158
03-10-10, 21:59
me too...blocked hair folicle, dissapeared after a couple of weeks

kwissy
03-10-10, 23:05
i get these all the time under my arm. Nothing to worry about completely normal and part of being a lady lol dont worry x

Mondie
05-10-10, 12:58
thanks for your replies ladies, always appreciated! I have noticed that the lump and gone down a bit, so don' know if the hot bath brought the lump 'up' so to speak. I'm going to have another bath tonight to see if it comes up again and then I will have something to tell the doctor if I go and see her next week (trying to give it a week rather than rushing to the doctors straight away!) XX