PDA

View Full Version : Acrophobia...please help

emzy
03-10-10, 22:32
Hi

Ive googled and found out that my fear of heights is called Acrophobia, the only problem is i haven't found out how to cure it.

Its really bad and really getting me down, I can't go up most stairs or up more than 2 steps on a ladder. Im 29 years old and having to rent a bungalow! I can't go to peoples house because what if I need the toilet and I can't go up their stairs? i can't get a job because its embarrassing when they try and show me around and I can't go up their stairs or walk around their high floors because they have floor to ceiling windows.
I can't stay in a bed and breakfast because they might have stairs i can't go up, i can't even go shopping on my own...its ridiculous.

When i was little I couldn't even walk up the hil that we lived at the bottom of and I remember making myself fall down the stairs at home.

I really need help, anti depressants have never helped me and i don't know what else to do.

ally b
03-10-10, 23:48
Hi emzy and welcome.

Ow ya feel aint ridiclous, im sure ow ya feel, i very real to you........

You been the docs?
Av they mentioned CBT?

Its helped me heeps, well i working on it:)

:hugs: xx ally x

jude uk
04-10-10, 00:39
I suggest you do see your Dr as this is very extreme and they will be able to direct you from there. All the best