PDA

View Full Version : Throat Virus/Flu/Illness going about right now (UK)

ZMan
03-10-10, 23:29
Is anyone else feeling as if they're starting to come down with something ?

My man-flu senses are perking up, back of the throat has been sore and now I'm satrting to get a bit warm, ust wondering if anyone knows of anything going round ?

uk23
03-10-10, 23:35
I thought those were normal daily anxiety symptoms!

mothermac
04-10-10, 01:21
Yeah I have the virus at the moment,started with a bad throat on Wednesday last week and on the Thursday morning felt worse,went to the gp and got very strong antibiotics,2 4 times a day.It gradually got worse and I also have ME so feel pretty lousy,it has gone to my chest now but that is to be expected with a bad virus or cold.Don't worry if you get it as it's normal to feel crap when you have this sort of thing,I have disciplined myself to keep the lid on the panic and to just go with it,I have been to work also and didn't take any sick,my family went mad with me but it took my mind off it a bit anyway.Hope you don't get it but if you do rest,see the quack and drink plenty of fluids and just chill-good luck.

MrBlue
04-10-10, 01:30
yeah i've been feeling odd on and off for weeks, i'm putting it down to anxiety haha

sammi
04-10-10, 01:42
Hello. I went to the gp as I had a really bad throat headache basically felt rubbish he took my temp which was higher than it should be and diagnosed me with pharayngitis (can't spell it) lol anyway its a throat infection he said its going round at the minute but its nothing to worry about and he gave me antbiotics. You feel rubbish with it but its nothing serious. Hope you feel better soon and as mothermac said plenty of fluids and rest. X

blueangel
04-10-10, 10:20
There are a couple of quite nasty bugs doing the rounds at the moment; one of them is a throat/sinus infection, and the other one gives the classic flu symptoms of fever and aching joints, but you get a nasty stomach upset with it as well. We've certainly had lots of people where I work who have caught one or the other of them so far.

countrygirl
04-10-10, 10:33
I know quite alot of people not all in same area who have had a very nasty cough and cold with flu like symptoms - enough to make them stay at home.

Usual start to autumn and unless we turn into hermits not alot we can do about it.

LiquidSky
04-10-10, 10:36
that time of year I'm afraid Zman, HA loves it! Try not to worry about it too much.

countrygirl
04-10-10, 22:14
I knew I should not have read this thread as I replied to it earlier and was thinking I have been doing really well - I had proper flu last March but nothing since and guess what this evening I started with a tickly cough in throat and bunged up nose and it aches at bottom of throat chest when I breathe.

I have been in contact with quite a few people as I said who have had coughs and colds but isn't it weird that as soon as I think how well I have been doing for nasty viruses wham.

fairyclairy
14-10-10, 18:59
Iv got this now - feel really poorly with it.. sore throat, sneezing, runny nose, achy, soo tired, its horrible.

Had to work from home today.... iv also been panicking so much about it cos i cant hack being ill at all!

Im hoping im feeling abit better tomorrow..... but like everyone else has said, its just a common cold and nothing to worry about if you do get it (i know i should take my own advice lol) x

miniholly
14-10-10, 22:44
yeah i currently have a throat infection which ive felt awful with and my mum has a sinus infection, im suffering with a really bad cough which on anti biotics is slowly clearing up but taking its time!
hope everyone feels better soon :hugs: xx

Going home
14-10-10, 23:16
Ive got the throat and chest thing this week, started on tuesday. I havent got the sneezy snotty head cold but have a sore throat, cough and croaky voice and my bones ache...even my eyeballs ache :wacko: I guess its that time of the year again.

A speedy recovery for all of us who are a bit run down at the mo':hugs:

Anna xxx

MoonlightFire
15-10-10, 17:05
I'm getting a sore throat. Am hoping it just goes away as I know I'll freak out if I get ill :( I had it a few days ago too and it just went.

Rachel W
16-10-10, 00:11
My whole family has a cold right now. For me it is just a sore throat, feeling a little weak and warm, and a little achy. I also had a bit of loose stool. The rest of the family are also really stuffed up from it.

I would like to know if not being stuffed up is a sign that the body isn't fighting it, or is it just more likely that my body is fighting it to the point that it isn't needing to produce the heavy mucus? I don't feel that ill with it either and my glands don't seem to be swollen.

daybyday
16-10-10, 00:17
I have had congestion on one side. Nose, eye waters. Well at least I can breathe from the other side. :D

Going home
16-10-10, 01:21
Moonlightfire, seeing as how you only had a cold a few days ago, are you sure your sore throat now isn't a result of reading these posts? The anxious mind can be very suggestive...hope you feel better soon xx

paula lynne
16-10-10, 06:02
Hi gang...yep...Ive got it..having a lot of trouble swallowing and my glands are up (almost touching)...so its time for rest and bed for me....hope everyone feels better soon x:weep:

becky000
22-10-10, 14:19
I've been feeling like I have flu coming on for about three months now. But it never gets any worse.
Apparently it's due to anxiety but that doesn't mean it's imagined.
The doctor says excess adrenaline causes inflammation and this causes these flu-like symptoms.
I'm having regular accupuncture for my anxiety and taking lots of supplements for the "flu".
I've noticed that when I'm anxious the flu feeling gets worse and when I'm calm it disappears.
Hope this helps.

StillyKat
22-10-10, 14:27
I have it too, was threatening to appear on Monday, now on Friday my throat is scratchy and sore, ears hurt, head hurts, and feel lethargic. Bring on the weekend :(