PDA

View Full Version : sick kids

ewood79
04-10-10, 00:36
Hi everyone,

I'm a single dad with shared custody and my little one has been sick with a throat, ear and eye infections!!!!

Shes been to the doctor and has drops and antibiotics etc.....

She has been a bit up and down, good periods and down periods, keeping her fluids up etc and rest, her temp was up yesterday and is fine today....... my anxiety levels are rising with each anticipated temperature rise!!!!! im running around with a themometre reading her temp all the time even though its fine im still anxious.

I do get anxious about my own health...(man flu and general male sookiness!!!)

does anyone else get anxious when their kids get sick?

cheers

Jarrod

bronte
04-10-10, 12:48
hi yes i used to get myself into a right state when my children were poorly when they were little and still can sometimes i was really anxious when they had a temp or had a sickness bug and actually made myself poorlier than them with anxiety its awful because i suffer with anxieties about my own health more now they have grown up and if they were bugs going round school i would keep them of so they wouldnt catch it x

Mamfa85
04-10-10, 13:40
hi well done ! all this mens is your a good dad who cares ,im so flappy when my children are ill ,even colds get to me,its natural we just care :),you said her temperture is fine which is always a good sign,and your keeping up fluids etc.shes in good hands.

sb001f8994
04-10-10, 15:09
Hi,
Im a terrible worry wart when it comes to my kids and now my grandchildren being ill. There is so much to worry about, meningitus, measles, whooping cough...goodness the list is endless! My poor daughter, who is seventeen still gets pestered when she's ill with the glass being rolled over every little pimple, quilt being pulled off her so I can check for rashes and fever scans plopped on her forehead when shes asleep...all she wants is to left alone to be ill in peace and away from a frantic mother who wont leave her alone!!! I do come in useful when she wants drinks, food and cuddles!
I think you are being a great dad, dont ever stop worrying and just when you think you cant worry any more the grandchildren come along and it starts all over again!
Take care x

ewood79
05-10-10, 10:00
thanks everyone, shes on the mend!!!!

ewood79
06-10-10, 01:27
Hi,
Im a terrible worry wart when it comes to my kids and now my grandchildren being ill. There is so much to worry about, meningitus, measles, whooping cough...goodness the list is endless! My poor daughter, who is seventeen still gets pestered when she's ill with the glass being rolled over every little pimple, quilt being pulled off her so I can check for rashes and fever scans plopped on her forehead when shes asleep...all she wants is to left alone to be ill in peace and away from a frantic mother who wont leave her alone!!! I do come in useful when she wants drinks, food and cuddles!
I think you are being a great dad, dont ever stop worrying and just when you think you cant worry any more the grandchildren come along and it starts all over again!
Take care x

only problem is now i have it!!!! :(