PDA

View Full Version : Hunger after a panic attack, anyone?

NatalieSmith
04-10-10, 02:04
Hello everyone! :)
Well, this one is just out of curiosity: I just had a panic atack (Thank God it was a small one!) but now that I'm relaxed, I realized how hungry I am! :D And coming to think of it, I felt hungry everytime I calm down after a panic attack.

So, do anyone have this too? Maybe it's because of the energy we lost when we have an attack?

looking4answers
04-10-10, 04:29
Yes it has happened to me many times..During the panic attack there is no way I could eat much the less hold the food down but once it passes I can relax and eat well and do get hungry sometimes. its pretty normal I think

Phill2
04-10-10, 05:47
Because your blood sugar levels drop when you're hungry it can mimic panic attack symptoms.
Are you sure you're not hungry before the PA?
Phill :shades:

Chlorate
04-10-10, 08:07
That happens to me sometimes too, mostly because before the attack I'm usually feeling very anxious anyway so don't want to/can't eat. Then after I've calmed down and feeling better, I realise just how hungry I am.
I wonder if struggling down a piece of cake at these times would help :)

Phill2
04-10-10, 11:01
I found that having morning and afternoon tea (just a small snack) as well as my normal meals helped heaps.
Try it - you'll know the first day if it's working for you
Phill :shades:

heavenly
04-10-10, 11:03
When I have had days of high levels of anxiety, my appetite completely disappears. When it starts to lift, I eat like a horse!