PDA

View Full Version : night sweats

bomberbeamish
04-10-10, 08:01
hi im 31 and,
for what i can remember ive had this on and off over a year, but its really bad at the moment, im waking up every night maybe 2 or 3 times really cold but soaked from sweat, i have to change the bed all the time and my pjs will be wet through, i also hve have hot flushes during day,, i can hoover and you would think id been for a ten mile run, wot is this ?

uk23
04-10-10, 08:10
I have this sometimes too, apparently adrenaline can cause this, also nightmares.

Vixxy
04-10-10, 09:18
I get this nightly too. As bad as you get it. Last few nights ive had hardly any sleep because its just not comfortable. Mine is caused by being on seroxat. I used to get hte same on citalopram too.

becky000
04-10-10, 13:07
I had this when I was in my early thirties and it was caused by a hormonal imbalance - you can have a blood tests done

sammi
04-10-10, 13:31
I get this when my anxiety is at its worst. X

Cat80
04-10-10, 14:04
I have this too. I had blood tests which showed a slighly elevated ESR levels. My Dr gave me a chest xray which was normal so said it must be just down to anxiety. My periods have suddenly gone funny around the same time as well, got lighter but more painful. I did a home menopause test and that was normal so don't think it's that (shouldn't be for a longtime as I'm only 30), unless it was a false negative because I'm on the pill for period problems.

MoonlightFire
04-10-10, 14:15
I've been having some slight sweats at night. Just around my neck really. I recently went back on to sertraline so I guess mine could be that. Are you on meds? Also I do seem to get them sometimes when I'm on my period.

bomberbeamish
05-10-10, 10:22
thanks for all ya replys,, saying bout periods mine are up the wall, i get later and later each mth, and started getting some pain when i dont normally, think i need to go to docs, i got a smear test thurs so i mention it, im scared about smear test aswell its over due so im worride the sweats are linked to it.

boobs1967
05-10-10, 17:38
Bomber i am going through it myself with other symptoms, irregular periods, sweaty palms, palpitations, had blood tests done i am in perimenopuase hormones all over the place. Docs tried me on a contraceptive pill called Micronor to help with the hormone imbalance i have posted in forum bout this tablet. Hope you feel better soon xxx