PDA

View Full Version : Sudden feeling of dread / incredible sadness / doom.

popsy
04-10-10, 10:07
This has been occuring more and more for me.
I suffer from panic disorder and gad.
Often in the evenings i'll be feeling fine and then suddenly i have this over whelming feeling of dread and sadness from no where, with no thoughts to provoke it. Its awful and sometimes i have trouble not crying if im in public or anything.
What i really want to know is does this happen to anyone else? Is it a symptom of the anxiety disorder? Or is it depression? Or something else?
Im so confused by it and upset, i would appreciate any advice or help?

Please help?
C xxx

blueangel
04-10-10, 10:09
This is something I get a lot, so I know exactly how you feel. What you're describing sounds like intrusive thoughts, and there is a thread about them on here that I've just posted on.

However, they're an aspect of anxiety that I just can't crack, and I'm sure I'll never truly get better until I can, as for me they're a big part of the whole anxiety thing.

heavenly
04-10-10, 10:58
I feel like this at times, when the anxiety is at its peak, but I keep telling myself that I will have to go through this for a while, it will take time to have these thoughts under control and for every unpleasant episode, I have a few days that are pretty ok, so that helps me though.

Daat
04-10-10, 16:43
Haha, yes, I've had this all through-out September, what a month. When you have a normal morning it's like coming up for air, I feel so happy and excited - excited that this might all be behind me. Anyway, it's like going cold turkey for me - these are just waves of dread, wait them out and they pass. Obviously we all need long term solutions to battle them properly though, good luck.