PDA

View Full Version : how do i know if its anxiety

Mamfa85
04-10-10, 13:20
hi this may sound sillyut feel i cant breathe aswell as normal as i have a light cold but im not sure if its anxiety,if i couldnt breathe very ell id wheeze right? im not wheezy and thats whats keepng me kinda sane at the momement.

PokerFace
04-10-10, 13:36
Hav you tried breathin into a paper bag or breathin in the cold air from the fridge or freezer? Sounds silly I know but when I can't breathe cuz of anx I find the cold air helps me a lot. Can you take a deep breath at all?

My mum has asthma and when she can't breathe she wheezes and her breathing is very very loud a lot of the time. Anxious people tend to do this thing, I think it's called hyperventilation syndrome? Just means you breathe very fast without realising which makes your body try to forceablly slow you down which feels like you can't breathe. It's perfectly harmless, just try to slow yourself down with big slow breaths and it's not as scary xx

Mamfa85
04-10-10, 13:43
hi thanks for your reply.i do the same the cold air does help:) im gonna just remind myself ive heard people wheezing really bad and they still have been ok :)