PDA

View Full Version : No Period for Three Months

sleepykate
04-10-10, 13:31
Just wondered if anyone else had experienced this. I am 46 and under alot of severe stress since July. My last period was 12th July. Gp started me on Stelazine at this time but it didn't help with anxiety at all so he told me to stop it 3 weeks ago. I read on the information sheet that the Stelazine can stop your period. I always feel like its about to start but so far nothing. I know stress can affect it to. Have cramps etc for last few weeks so maybe it's working on me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated - thanks :blush:

Mamfa85
04-10-10, 13:36
hi im not sure of the tablets situation but i know stress can stop periods all by itself ,mine has gone missing too for 3 months,get the feeling its coming and still doesnt show up ,im going to go doctors just to check it out you should too,i wouldnt worry as i know loads of people who have had this.

sleepykate
04-10-10, 13:48
Thanks Sam - I did say to my GP and he said to wait another month and then they would do blood tests for hormone levels. I think he feels its probably stress. Just wish it would hurry up because I feel like I have constant PMT for the last few months.

countrygirl
04-10-10, 13:48
Welcome to perimenopause! I started at 45yrs old with long gaps between periods then when it did start it dribbled on for up to 10 weeks - don't panic you won't be like me we are all different but that was exactly how I started the peri journey. 4 yrs later I am very irregular anything from 3 weeks to 3 months although natural progesterone cream sorted out the flooding endless bleeding I got- hopefully you will not get the bleeding trouble and could be like my friend who's periods just tailed off and got more irregular.

As its new to you its always best to see your GP if nothing happens after say another month as they can do blood test to see if you are menopausal rather than just perimeno and maybe also an ultrasound scan to check all is well inside - not saying this to scare you honest just what Dr recommend if you dont' have a period for 4-6 months regardless of age and of course if you are certain you are not pregnant.

It scared me witless when mine all started 4 yrs ago and that wasdespite reassurance from the Dr that it was normal at my age. I just wanted my periods to stop one day and that would be it but life is not that simple:winks:

sleepykate
04-10-10, 14:08
Thanks for that - have been looking perimenopause up. Definitely not pregnant - GP did a test - luckily he didn't take my BP as it must have been through the roof at that suggestion!! I think we can forget what age we are sometimes and be a bit in denial that it couldn't possibly be anything to do with the menopause!