PDA

View Full Version : First Step I hope

looloo
04-10-10, 15:54
I could cry finding this site and I wish i had found it 4 years ago when my panic attacks started!

Am a 37 year old single mum of two and although I have fantastic, supportive family and friends, I feel so incredibly guilty, weak and worthless that my head and attacks rule me!

Mine always always come when i am driving. I have had four in the last week and now feel so scared and unable to get my daughter to school and drive to my new job. i just dont know what to do with myself!

I think about routes, I build myself up hours, days before I go anywhere! I convince myself into an attack before i even have one, is that normal?? I worry that I am a danger to others on the road as when panic kicks in its almost like I am driving drunk and I feel like I am fighting to steer, then the shakes kick in and I cant breathe so i stop, feel sick, cry, have to get out of the car and uncontrollable leg and arm shaking!

Have spent the whole day crying as I just cant see a way out

Been to docs who has put me on short term course of diazepam, booked for hypnotherapy tomorrow!

I just keep beating myself up over it at the moment, i feel like I am letting my kids down!

But its so nice to blurt out all of this to people who hopefully get me!

I would be so grateful to here or chat to anyone and I am reading many threads, all of which are making me cry again! A wreck today!

Loo x

ditzygirl
04-10-10, 16:08
Loo

please don't beat yourself up sweetie, it sounds like you have an awful lot to deal with - being a single mum and a new job!!!!!

Have a good look around this site and you will see that you are NOT ALONE!!! Suffering with anxiety/depression/panic are absolutely horrid and I understand completely how you feel.

Is the diazapem helping ???? not a drug I have tried so I can't help you on that one.

Have a look at my threads and you will see meds can help - believe me I was in a desperate state 8 weeks ago and have suffered on and off for many years but I am hopeful that with meds, a fab GP and the support on here there is light at the end of my horrid tunnel.

There is another thread on here titled Can people fully recover from panic attacks - it offers very postive help and advice on how to cope.

Loo you have been incredibly brave today admitting your feelings on here - Well done, that takes courage!!!!

Hope this helps a little and feel free to make contact anytimexx

olderfella
04-10-10, 16:13
Hi loo nice to meet you sounds like your winding yourself up into a right state what with being a single mum ane a new job it cant be easy,your not letting anyone down your ill,things will improve and your definately NOT ALONE:)

Kell
04-10-10, 16:22
Hi Loo,

You are in good company here! There are plenty of people who know exactly how you're feeling. Try not to beat yourself up about it. It sounds like you have a good support network so lean on them if you need to.

Good luck with the hypnotherapy. I would be interested to hear how it goes

Take care

Kel
x