PDA

View Full Version : horrible strange thoughts as if im going mad

mellyboo
04-10-10, 18:14
Hi I have recently started getting really horrible thoughts constantly for the past two weeks and the r scaring the living day lights out of me! I suffer with stress and axiety anyway through out my life but now I'm getting these thoughts like wanting to kill myself even tho I wudnt do it, n feel like I'm living I'm a diFfrent dreamy world, its horrible ! Is there anyone else who gets this or am I the only one?? Please can I have some advise on what it might be or am I mad!

debs71
04-10-10, 18:30
You're not mad hun.

These sadly are anxiety symptoms - the feeling of going mad, or out of control - and please don't worry, as you won't! I have experienced the same and it is a very scary feeling, but it will subside.

Morbid, horrible, intrusive thoughts are also really common, and yep, I've had those too! The mere fact that you are very aware of those being strange thoughts and are fearful of madness shows that you ARE NOT going mad hun, as crazy folk don't know they are crazy!

The dream like state you feel is depersonalisation or derealisation and it is the minds way of basically protecting itself from the stress of anxiety so it kind of switches off which causes your spaced out feelings. Again, this is because you are very anxious.

I've had all the same feelings as you and they are just awful to experience, but I promise you they will not last eternally and they will subside.

Hope this helps and take care.xxx:hugs:

princesspanic
05-10-10, 15:34
hi mellyboo i know how you feel. try not to let it alarm you too much even though i know its easier sed than done. its probably that you may have just had the thought once with no intention but this has disturbed you and now it may have become a bit of an obsession. if i were you talk to a trusted friend or member of family or even your doctor. you will be fine x

Smile :)
09-10-10, 13:55
Hi Mellyboo, I know the feeling. One day last week I heard the word suicide and now it's stuck in my head. I know I would never do it but the thought seems so real at time I feel I'm going mad. I get panicked if I'm alone and think I'll just act on this in a moment of madness. I obviously don't want to end my live as I'ma happy person and have to much to live for. I also had thoughts of stabbing people but these have now gone, thankfully. Keep us posted :) xx

MidnightCalm
09-10-10, 16:34
The word suicide has passed through my head a lot too, I try to wipe it out as soon as it comes but as soon as you consciously make an effort to rid yourself of something it seems it starts fighting back like "think about me, think about me!", how are you getting on atm?