PDA

View Full Version : Annual Flu Jab

ElizabethJane
04-10-10, 21:49
I am due to have my seasonal flu jab on Saturday because I am asthmatic. I am just recovering from a bad cold and have a hacking cough. Can anyone tell me whether I should cancel my jab or will I still be able to go ahead and have it. Thanks EJ.

Eggy
04-10-10, 21:52
I am due to have my seasonal flu jab on Saturday because I am asthmatic. I am just recovering from a bad cold and have a hacking cough. Can anyone tell me whether I should cancel my jab or will I still be able to go ahead and have it. Thanks EJ.

Hi EJ,

I don't think you are allowed to have it if you have a cold, You would be best off re-arranging it in my opinion, I am an Asthmatic too and have had it for years but i have never bothered with Flu Jabs, I had 1 and i got the Flu within a couple of days and that put me off having it done again but it's a personal choice whether to have it or not.

Eggy.

ladybird64
04-10-10, 21:53
I'd cancel it EJ.

The same thing happened to me last year and the surgery weren't prepared to do mine because I had a cold and was a bit wheezy.

Best wait a fortnight until it's properly cleared up.

take care :flowers:

ladybird64
04-10-10, 21:55
Hi EJ,

I don't think you are allowed to have it if you have a cold, You would be best off re-arranging it in my opinion, I am an Asthmatic too and have had it for years but i have never bothered with Flu Jabs, I had 1 and i got the Flu within a couple of days and that put me off having it done again but it's a personal choice whether to have it or not.

Eggy.

Forgive me Eggy but I just have got to say..

seeing you reply and advise EJ has brought a smile to my face.

Nice one :)

Maj
04-10-10, 22:01
EJ sorry you are feeling bad. Yes, I doubt if they'd give you the jab anyway because of this. Hope you feel better soon :flowers:

bottleblond
04-10-10, 22:02
EJ

Agree with LB and Eggy..best to wait until you are feeling a tad better hun.

:hugs:

Lisa
xx

ElizabethJane
05-10-10, 07:09
Thanks guys