PDA

View Full Version : Advice Please

BoeingBonkers
04-10-10, 22:33
Hi all

I had my first full blown panic attack this morning for ages. I have been on all sorts of different meds in the past, Seroxat, Lustral, Citalopram and then Mirtazapine. Then I came off them for a few years or so. I was put back onto mirtazapine recently but had to stop them as they were giving me parasomnias as I was dropping of to sleep. Then this morning I had the worst panic attack I have ever had I managed to phone GP and he said come now he gave me Valium and put me back onto citalopram 20mg. It took 10mg to get rid of the attack this morning I took another 10 a few hours ago but I still feel an attack comming on in my chest, its like a feeling of aprehension. I used to eat valium years ago so I dont know weather I built up a tolerance. I am so scared of having an attack whilst on valium because if they cant stop them what can!! AHHHHH

Matt

sammi
04-10-10, 22:39
Sorry your feeling so bad hun. Give the citalopram chance to get into your system again. What I found with the valium which I was given when I was going through a rough patch with anxiety is that even tho I felt I was going to go into a full blown panic attack I actually didn't it was like the valium stopped it. I really hope you feel better soon and the citalopram works for you I know it worked wonders for me. Good luck x

BoeingBonkers
04-10-10, 22:44
Yeah I sort of know I wont go into a full blown one (Something in the back of my mind is telling me I wont) but I still think I will.

I get these things that happen to me as I am falling asleep I sudenly wake up with fear running through my body, this keeps happening.

I am seeing my doctor again tomorrow in the morning. I dunno if I will be able to sleep my panic attacks usually happen when I wake up or am going to sleep.

tambo12
06-10-10, 01:42
there are many ways to beat this condision .
I have had panic attacks for 12 years .
I tried everything but it came down to me standing up to myself in the end .
You have to belive that you are stronger than the attacks .
I know they are scary and I know that you fell like your dying , but your not and they do pass.
Try to let it pass over you like a wave , the attack will happen but the more you fight it the worse it my feel .breath deep and try to let it pass .
this may help you as well http//tinyurl.com/2w5ngap