PDA

View Full Version : horrid symptoms upon going back to effexor xr

lonelysolitude
07-03-06, 13:31
Hi all,

I am really having a bad day.I have just started on effexor 37.5 mg. after consulting with my doctor. I was off it for a few months ( after being on it for 2 years) but have to go back because of major panic attacks daily and was hospitalized .but soon release.I did not have any side effects at all when I first took itbut now after taking it again it took me by surprise.I was having such a bad effect.my symptoms are extreme burning on the skin, increased anxiety,agitation and panic that last for ages,dry mouth,fingers tingling,creeping coldness that starts from my thighs ,nausea ,fatigue and restlessness.I cant take much more of this.I have been taking the drug for only 3 days and I dont think I can go on with this drug.i was given this drug again because I did not have any adverse effect on it before.Why did this happen? Please can anybody relate?

Hangtough
11-03-06, 17:36
Hi there

I'm on 300mg of Effexor modified release a day. When I started I too had side-effects, similar to what you say, but they do pass, honest, and I've found Effexor to be really useful. The trick is to take one day at a time and not to push yourself. Be kind to yourself.

Take care
Charlotte [^]