PDA

View Full Version : Little tongue lump - really upset :(

MoonlightFire
05-10-10, 10:06
I was doing SO well but this morning I'm back crying my eyes out in the toilet again. I'm SO sick of this, I can't stand it.

I always seem to get little ulcers on my tongue when I drink acidic drinks/citrus juices and I've been drinking quite a lot of lemon juice drink recently. A few days ago I got a tongue ulcer/sore on the side of my tongue and now I have a little sore lump in the middle of my tongue which has a little yellow head. I'm panicking. There's always something wrong with my mouth and it's driving me mad. Does anyone else get a little sore lump on their tongue when theyve drunk a lot of fruit juice? Please don't tell me this is anything scary like thrush, I couldn't handle that. Here's hoping other people get this...

sammi
05-10-10, 10:18
Hello hunny. Try not to worry I'm not sure what's going on but it just sounds like a little spot to me I get little white ones and they are very painful. I'm sure its nothing serious xx

ellie_C_mason1990
05-10-10, 12:59
thrush would be lots and lots of little spots
there is always something wrong with my mouth too; drives me mad also!
i always have ulcers or little lumps to worry about
it might be stress alongside the fruit juice

Ambers
05-10-10, 13:44
I am the queen of blisters/ulcers and lumps in my mouth lol

It is common and my doctors and dentists believe it is stress related... I currently have about 5 different types all fighting for space inside my mouth.

YOU WILL BE FINE :)

MoonlightFire
05-10-10, 13:58
Awww thanks guys :) I feel a bit better now.

Yup, definitely don't have lots of white spots, just two little ones in the middle that have made a little bump and I have a little ulcer on the side. Actually the bump feels a little bit better this afternoon. Do you guys get them in the middle of your tongue ever? Im sure I've had them before but i'm extra sensitive to worrying about it at the moment because my anxiety has been so bad :(

Xxx

Anth
05-10-10, 14:07
I get these same things all the time, usually on the tip of my tongue.

Yeah they really hurt for a day or two then disappear. I Always thought they were ulcers on the tongue.
A good anti bactierial mouthwash will help.....I even understand you can get one form the docs, cant remember the name of it but my mum take a lot of meds for anrthritis and she gets an oral rinse that works wonders on these little spots.

MoonlightFire
06-10-10, 10:12
Oh my god, I've just looked in the mirror and it's now starting to look a lot like oral thrush. Ive been in tears, Im so scared. I have 2 little red spots that bleed a little and a white streak which doesnt look like a milk curd really but just like a little white coating. It's only in the centre of my tongue...just a very small area. Oh my god I'm freaking out. PLEASE HELP

nomorepanic
06-10-10, 10:17
Why are you freaking out - it won't kill you even if it is oral thrush.

Pop down to the chemist and let them look at it and they will recommend something for it no doubt.

MoonlightFire
06-10-10, 10:48
Because it's a sign of HIV

nomorepanic
06-10-10, 11:03
Which is highly unlikely that you have though.

Go to the chemist and get some mouth wash and see if that helps.

MoonlightFire
06-10-10, 11:07
Do you think it could be thrush?

nomorepanic
06-10-10, 11:16
I am not sure what thrush looks like to be honest. If you have been drinking a lot of acidy drinks though it is probably ulcers.

MoonlightFire
06-10-10, 11:36
That's how it started...my tongue got sore after drinking too much of an acidic drink that I like. I just want this to go away and I want the worry to go away. It's only a small patch and it doesnt even hurt that much anymore but I don't like this little white area around it :(

MoonlightFire
06-10-10, 16:54
Thank you for your patience and your replies :) I've still got a little white streak but it doesnt appear to rub off and it's less painful. Im hoping it's just damaged tongue skin healing. xxx