PDA

View Full Version : Feel Like I'm Losing It!

sleepykate
05-10-10, 14:51
I just started Lyrica a week ago. Was taking 50mg at night and then today was told by my GP to increase it to 50mg in the morning as well. I also take 200mg a day of Prothiaden and 40mg of Propanolol. After a few days on the Lyrica I definitely felt a little bit less anxious but today after increasing by 50mg I feel totally spaced out, back to crying all day, no energy and just want to sleep. I feel like a total failure that I have to depend on medication to help me deal with life. I don't want my family (I'm a single mum with 2 children 22 and 15) to see me like this anymore. My parents shouldn't have all this worry at their age. I do keep alot of it from them all though. I was widowed at 23 when expecting my first baby, remarried at 30 and had my second child. I separated from my husband 4 years ago, had to sell my house and as I had ME/CFS for 10 years had already had to give up my job. I got back to work a year ago and was managing really well until I was paid off a few months ago. Now I feel absolutely dreadful again. ME/CFS is back with a vengeance, I'm constantly in tears and feel totally useless. I'm sorry for such a mad rant but I just needed to get this all out. Should I just persevere with the Lyrica? Feel so weird today - spacey and shattered. Kate xx :unsure:

Belfry1973
05-10-10, 20:49
HI Kate, rant away!

Yes, definately keep on with the Lyrica, its early days yet but me and JT will tell you its absolutely fantastic!
The spaced thing is sooo common, practically everyone on this board has experienced it, what seems to really work is making sure you take it on a full stomach, with food or eating very soon after. I always have cereal bars with me in case I havent been organised and have to take it without eating! I also had a couple of times when I felt dreadful, really awful and sleepy.

Reading your post though I really think you should combine it with counselling, that combination has really worked for me, you've had a lot of stresses over the past few years, along with the long term illness. I know that feeling, I've had rheumatoid arthritis for just over 5 years and it plays merry havoc when I'm stressed!

Keep yer chin up and come rant at us whenever you feel like it! :bighug1:

Bel
X

sammi
05-10-10, 22:04
Rant away hun

We are here to listen. Sorry your feeling so bad. Maybe keep goin with the meds. I hope you feel better soon x