PDA

View Full Version : pressure in head

papillon
05-10-10, 19:28
Hi,
I have developed panic disorder which is constant fast heart and feeling very below par with shortness of breath etc. I have also recently over the last 2 weeks a constant 'pressure' sensation in my brain. It seems to be in the centre and in my temples and is so worrying. I've told the doctor and he's prescribed me 80mg bedranol beta-blockers. In desperation I tried one and it stopped the pressure sensation but gave me such bad lethargy and sick feeling I almost couldn't do my job. I've gone back to the docs and got lower dose beta-blockers 10mg and taken 2 today but the head pressure is still in the background.
Do you know of anyone else here who gets strange head pressure and CONSTANT anxiety symptoms? I'm new - only joined on Sunday so I can't go in the chat to ask anyone.

daybyday
05-10-10, 19:32
Welcome and all will look forward to seeing you in the chat room.:welcome:

jessicalittler79
05-10-10, 19:53
omg hun read some of my post on here ive been haven head pressure for a month now hun its awfull iam fearing the worst atm been to doc thay said its allergies but i cant see how allergies can do this tc hun please write me pm if u need to talk iam suffering the same thing

hugs
05-10-10, 20:38
Head pressure is my main anxiety symptom and i have now suffered two years straight without a break. The only time I don't feel anything is when I'm asleep or 100% distracted and I mean really distracted. I've been to the docs a billion times and had cbt and I fully accept that it's anxiety but my problem is that I perceive anxiety as a dangerous thing, convinced it will kill me or make me age quicker and harm my pregnancy which is why I still suffer. If this pressure would just go away I would no longer be an anxious person and the cycle would break. Sometimes it's so bad I feel like my head is going to burst and bleed. I live a normal life and keep my troubles well hidden but it makes me very miserable. My hair won't stop falling out and I just think that sometimes my body is shutting down coz of the stress. XxxX