PDA

View Full Version : New Member

unamhaire
05-10-10, 19:49
Hi, I've been reading lots of your stories. My Health Anxiety has lasted 8 1/2 yrs so far. I do have some good spells. But like a recurring nightmare it returns to torment me. I've come to the conclusion that no matter how rational I am, the phobia I have is so strong that it keeps a vice like grip on my mind. I cannot bear to touch my breasts or underarms due to a totally extreme fear of breast cancer, triggered off by a health scare 8 1/2 yrs ago. Every other aspect of my health seems to fade away in comparison to this, I am so focused on it. To break the cycle a doctor once told me that she would not examine me even though I begged her to. She said that she would only be reinforcing the obsession. Strangely enough, the fact that I had to accept her decision helped me move on for a time. I wish I could believe this now and every time I have an anxiety attack.

nomorepanic
05-10-10, 19:50
Hi unamhaire

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Vanilla Sky
05-10-10, 20:18
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

oOclaireOo
06-10-10, 17:33
hello unamhaire :)

welcome to nmp :hugs:

best wishes,

claire

Humly
06-10-10, 18:10
Hi

I'm glad you have found this place as you will get a lot of support and advice. I and many others here suffer from health anxiety, so know what you are going through. I wish you well.