PDA

View Full Version : Hello

maggs
07-03-06, 15:19
Hi

Hello and i'd like to introduce myself.

It all started for me around 13 yrs ago after the birth of my daughter. I was diagnosed with post-natal depression. My symptoms were panic attacks and anxiety ( especially before going to sleep) . I was scared something was going to happen to me and my baby. Anyway was put on meds for around 4-5 yrs. Eventually felt cured. Then around seven years later decide for another baby. No med required throught and a year before pregnancy but as soon as ou wee bundle of joy poped out Panic attacks/Anxiety appeared (infact i panicked on the delivery table). This time my GP diagnosed Post Traumatic Stress Disorder due to having a traumatic birth. Went back on meds Seroxat it seemed to do the trick, occasioanl anxiety that i seemed to cope with but on the whole back to my old self. GP wanted me off Seroxat after 4 yrs. Took me 1 year to get off the meds with having horrendous withdrawl symtoms. I'm now 13 month off Seroxat but have gone through months of bad Anxiety. I would say my Panic Attacks are less frequent but i do still get Anxiety and i often feel low. My GP diagnosed me as having Anx/Dep at the beginning of the year. Tried SSri's, couldn't tolerate them. So now been prescribed Anafrinal which i'm having Anxiety about taking. Just also to add that many people do have success on Seroxat but although it did help me at the time i was one of the unlucky ones whom suffered bad withdawls. This seems like a very good site and i'm glad i'm on board.

Kind regards
Maggs

trac67
07-03-06, 15:31
Hi Maggs,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Paddington
07-03-06, 15:34
hi maggs and welcome to the site.Have you checked out the first steps forum yet,it has lots about meds and so forth.I cant comment as other than valium i've never been offered any by my dr???Sorry you have had such a bad time over the years ,youwill get support and understanding here,love.Mary-ROSE.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Alexandra
07-03-06, 15:43
Hi Maggs

Welcome to the forum.

You will find lots of support & help on here.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

maggs
07-03-06, 15:52
Hi again

Thank you for your welcome posts. i hope i can be of help to others too!!

maggs
xxxxx

nomorepanic
07-03-06, 16:08
Hi Maggs

A warm welcome aboard and hope we can be of some help to you on here.

Nicola

tracyp584
07-03-06, 16:46
Hey Maggs,

Welcome to the site,

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

Karen
07-03-06, 18:25
Hi Maggs

Welcome to the forum.

You might find the following information helpful:

First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps)

Symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=symptoms)

Have you had any treatment other than medication? You will find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

maggs
07-03-06, 19:52
Hi Karen

The only other treatment i'm getting at the moment is working with an Occupational Therapist. She helped me alot with the physical symptoms but 2-3 weeks goes by before i can sometimes see her, she only works a couple of days a week. Apart from that i have tried Valerian, light box Therapy for SAD(but GP not sure if i have it, so just trying it out) and Diazepam (2mg) if i do have a full blown panic. Thank for your info.

Take Care
Maggs

clickaway
07-03-06, 22:45
Hi Maggs and welcome to the site.

I'm sure you'll find great comfort here.

Take Care,

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Meg
08-03-06, 15:45
Maggs

Hot foot it off to your Gp and ask for some talking therapy, preferably CBT. Read up about it on the home pages along with the NICE guidelines which you can wave at him if he has a strop.

meanwhile check out our reading page so you can start off with some reasonable self help

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Trev
08-03-06, 16:27
Hi Maggs, welcome to the site. There's a lot of very useful stuff on here and some very helpful people.

Cheers,
Trev

Piglet
08-03-06, 16:50
A big welcome to you.

Piglet :D

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

sal
08-03-06, 22:13
Hi Maggs

Great to hear from you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Munchkin
10-03-06, 13:06
Hi there Maggs,

welcome to the forum. i'm sure you'll find it really helpful.

"A Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"

Lozzie
10-03-06, 15:02
Hi Maggs,

Welcome to the site xx

You will find lots of useful information and reassurance from people on here xx

Laura xx