PDA

View Full Version : Scared Newbie !

EmmaJ
06-10-10, 10:50
Hi,

Im Emma Im 28 and new to this site , Ive been suffering from Panic attacks since i was 19 , I cant remember what triggered them . They went away for a while but have come back recently since I got a reacurring sinus infection. I convince myself ive got something life threatening and its making me so miserable.

I suffer from restless legs and keep thinkining Ive got DVT , people think Im a hypocondriac.

Does anyone else have aches and pains that worsen with anxiety and panic attacks.

I really dont want to become dependant on any medication !

Would love to hear from others !

Vanilla Sky
06-10-10, 10:51
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

diane07
06-10-10, 10:53
Hi EmmaJ

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

sammi
06-10-10, 10:56
Hello and welcome to no more panic x

EmmaJ
06-10-10, 10:59
Thats good to hear, people who dont suffer from this just dont understand how terrifying it can be !

sammi
06-10-10, 11:05
No they don't hun your right there that's why its nice to have a site where everyone is going through the same things:) x

EmmaJ
06-10-10, 11:26
It ruined my holiday this year :( I was convinced I was dying and couldnt even venture out of the apartment , my poor poor bf ! Spent most of the hol in the bar by himself !

If anyone wants to chat , im here

Kell
06-10-10, 16:29
Hi Emma,

I too have had holidays ruined by my anxiety.

As I'm going through a bad phase at the moment, I'm already worrying about next years holiday when I should be looking forward to it.

It's not fair is it? The time when you should be most happy & relaxed & you end up gripped by anxiety. Mine was more an anxiety about the anxiety itself rather than worrying about dying but it's still anxiety nonetheless.

Anxiety can show itself in sorts of ways so I'm sure that your aches & pains can be put down to this. I've had all sorts of symptoms over the years.
Perhaps a chat with your doctor might help reassure you (if you've not already gone down this route)?

Take care

Kel
x