PDA

View Full Version : Feel Great Today, Whats wrong?

mike6923
07-03-06, 15:24
Yesterday must of been one of the lowest days I've ever had, I was in bed most of the day feeling absolutly rotten with the flu, add to that the horrible and scary feeling of disassociation I really was in a bad way. I just felt so alone, I even cried with the horrible feeling "Am I loosing it".

Anyway at the weekend I bought an anxiety CD set by Lucinda Bassett. I've been listening to CD 16 which is a relaxation CD and I have to say I reckon it's helping me already. I listened to it lastnight again before bed and I woke up this morning full of the joys of spring. I mean I got up this morning and opened the blinds and it was dark,wet and grey but I just felt so happy to be alive, The horrible disassociation feeling had gone. This morning I even jumped in the car and went to Asda to do the shopping, I must admit I did start to feel a wee bit of a panic attack coming on in the car while stopped at a red light but I just said to myself "F**k it,your not going to ruin my day" and it quickly passed. I also was well pleased with myself in Asda, With me its usually like a trolley dash, trying to get in and out and back home as quickly as possible but today I actually spent time looking at all the items on offer and even speaking to people, I usually just put the head down or look the other way.

But hopefully this great feeling continues, I was going to go to the pub tonite with friends to watch footie but i'm not so sure, I usually find the day after a few pints I am killed with anxiety and panic attacks.

nomorepanic
07-03-06, 15:37
Mike

Great news - enjoy the day and try not to question it too much and see it for what it is - a fab day!

If you go tonight then take it easy or you will feel worse again tomorrow.

Nicola

arethaire
07-03-06, 15:38
Well done Mike! Are these CD's that good then?

Cath x

mike6923
07-03-06, 15:44
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Well done Mike! Are these CD's that good then?

Cath x

<div align="right">Originally posted by arethaire - 07 March 2006 : 15:38:13</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Well to be honest, I actually think some of the cd's make you feel worse, Talking about symptoms etc really made my mind wonder and thus bringing on a full blown panic attack. But the relaxation CD is good if you can sit still long enough to listen to it which was the major problem I had.

Alexandra
07-03-06, 15:52
Well done Mike.

Good for you making it to asda & back in the car.

Hope you get over this nasty flu bug soon.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart