PDA

View Full Version : new and worried

luckylas
06-10-10, 13:29
Ok here goes I've looked at this site for many different things and I've finally registered! I've been suffering with health anxiety for 6years and currently feeling a different sensation which doctors have said anxiety, first it started with what I can only describe has a pulling sensation down my arm, as if my nerves are being played with, I have the same feeling in my leg and strangely at the back of my head all on left side! The positions don't happen all at the dame time its very intermittent I have week breaks from it and yet it comes back! It all started on my return to work after having a baby so yes maybe you would say anxiety but I don't feel anxious I was actually looking forward to work so why can't I accept its anxiety?

Last night I started putting brain tumor ideas into my head! I do get o occasional pain in the head where I get the strange sensation, but only pin prick pains.

Sorry so long hoping someone has similar feelings and is anxiety
Thanks

EmmaJ
06-10-10, 13:41
Your not alone , I get restless legs at night , but lately I have convinced myself its a blood clot ! I also get random head pains and back pains , which prob do get worse when I think they are more than what they are.

Ive rang the docs numerous times with aches and pains and even when they tell me Im fine I still dont believe them ! I thought I was the only one ! xx

tambo12
06-10-10, 13:43
there are many ways to beat this condision .
I have had panic attacks and anxiety for 12 years .
I tried everything but it came down to me standing up to myself in the end .
You have to belive that you are stronger than the attacks .
I know they are scary and I know that you fell like your dying , but your not and they do pass.
Try to let it pass over you like a wave , the attack will happen but the more you fight it the worse it my feel .breath deep and try to let it pass .
this may help you as well http//tinyurl.com/2w5ngap

Vanilla Sky
06-10-10, 21:13
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

duggyfresh
06-10-10, 21:40
I have had this very same problem, numbness, tingling and tightness but only in my left leg and arm and a bit down my left torso. Weird!

luckylas
07-10-10, 23:12
Thank u 4 yr replies, tambo thanks 4 yr advice n will take that on board if I have the silly fright/flight experience thankfully I have only ever ecperienced panic attacks 3 times, these feelings I have now are an occurrence when I feel anxious or not which I find strange.

I'm so glad I have found this site it gives me great comfort that I'm not alone!