PDA

View Full Version : kind of worried!!!!!

missykat
06-10-10, 15:02
just got off the phone to the nurse. was asking when my last smear test was and the result. she said it was two years ago and the result was negative. but she did say my cervix looked raw and i was supposed of come back feb of last year for another smear but i forgot. at the time of my smear i had a bacterial infection and was on anti biotics for it. could the infection of caused my cervix to look raw??? im peetrified thinking the worst. had a baby ten months ago and am going mad with worry. she did say she will ask my doctor should i come back or wait till next year :( help!!!!?

missykat
06-10-10, 15:07
:weep:

jada
06-10-10, 15:20
:hugs:

The inflammation could well have been caused by an infection but for peace of mind, ask if you could have it checked out...you don't want to be stressing out for months on end!

Best of luck x x x

gypsywomen
06-10-10, 15:20
it will have been the infection that caused the rawness , if your smear was negative the it was ok ,, ,don't worry if there had been anything they would have called you back straight away xx

missykat
06-10-10, 15:23
yeah i will see what my doctor thinks but will anyway get another one. peace of mind and all that. nothing worse than fretting for months and months!!!! :weep:

missykat
06-10-10, 15:25
it is really ridiculous tho the way u must pay 100 to get a smear and they are free when u are over 25. i dont get it. small price to pay tho for ure health. but still tho its not right

gypsywomen
06-10-10, 15:35
i agree they should be free to all women no matter what age

missykat
06-10-10, 16:11
so now that my results are negative two years ago, would i still be ok now? how long does it take usually to grow abnormal cells etc?

missykat
10-10-10, 20:26
got a call back from my doc saying hes happy for me to wait til next year as long as ive no irregular bleeding etc. and that the infection caused my cervix to be raw. hmmmm kinda relieved now altho all day checking for blood and every little cramp freaking me out. its horrible. sigh.