PDA

View Full Version : Hi...trying to find my way around this site!

skye338
07-03-06, 17:06
Hi there...just found this site today and it looks fantastic! Still trying to find my way around it though.
Im Jacqui 40 from cheshire, single and I suffer from panic disorder and am trying to put my life back together so that I can go back to work cos at the moment I cant go anywhere alone as I am too afraid.
J x

Alexandra
07-03-06, 17:11
Hi Jacqui

Welcome to the forum.

You will find lots of help & support here.

You are not alone, many of us on here feel just the same.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

Paddington
07-03-06, 17:31
hi there,and welcome to the forum ,glad u found it,it will give you no end of support.I was lost when i first logged on[wasn't long ago]Go to the main forum and read 1st steps.i t is a so informative and gives you loads of hints and tips on meds and symptoms.Also look down the list ionthe main forums and the active forum and there are headingd on different topics it helps to know where to post your message.I didn't i was all over the place,ha ha haha!!Doesn't matter really just makes it easier for you!Also do read the success stories ,soooo inspiring.I to cant do much on my own at present you are not alone.Just let it all out!God bless,Mary-Rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

nomorepanic
07-03-06, 17:34
Hi Jacqui

Welcome aboard and hope we can be of some help.

You can post in any of the forums that you want to as appropriate - you will soon get the hang on it.

Nicola

trac67
07-03-06, 18:09
Hi Jacqui,

Welcome to the forum you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Karen
07-03-06, 18:23
Hi Jacqui

Welcome to the forum.

You might find the following information helpful:

First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps)

Symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=symptoms)

You will find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

jackie
07-03-06, 19:00
HIYA J HOPE YOU CAN GET SOME HELP HERE, EVERYONE HERE IS SOOO PATIENT EVEN ON DAYS WHEN YOU ARE A NERVOUS WRECK AS I AM TODAY

WELCOME ABOARD
JACKIE

wendy
07-03-06, 19:45
Hi and Welcome
Wendy x

andrew england 2
08-03-06, 15:05
welcome to the forum skye I am sure u will find it very helpful and all the people very supportive - hugz

Ma Larkin
08-03-06, 15:17
Hi Jacqui, I'm 39, single mum with 3 kids & suffer from panic attacks & anxiety. I work full-time & it takes my mind off my symptoms most of the time. I do have a busy job which helps in a sense. Set yourself small goals like the corner shop, even if you don't go in & buy anything, you can always make a dash back for home & try again. I take it you are on medication? If not, visit your GP & get some advice on what is best for you, i.e. medication, counselling, CBT, hypnotherapy, or even better still spend a few hours pouring over this website because the advice on here is as good as any book or doctor I can tell you!

You'll meet some great people with a variety of advice & you'll be so glad you found this site.

Take care.

Les

Meg
08-03-06, 15:30
Hiya J

You have taken the first step by coming and looking for help

Read the home pages as much as possible.

Visit your Gp and discuss teh treatment options

Ask for specific help here if you cannot find something and also you might like to try www.nopanic.org who do a telephone recovery service for those with really restrictive agoraphobia

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

ashley
08-03-06, 16:06
welcome to the hut house(just joking)
welcome _everyone is great here and you will meey somegood people that know exactley how you feel- i to am one of them ..i know how this feels ... how it tastes and how it... smells ..pure hell--- but there is a way out.

ash x

Piglet
08-03-06, 16:52
A big welcome to you.

Piglet :D

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

sal
08-03-06, 22:11
Hi Jacqui

So pleased you have joined the forum. We are all here to support each other and you will get lots of great help here.

In time you will be able to go back to work, the fact you want to is the best start you could have.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Munchkin
09-03-06, 13:31
welcome, I'm sure you'll find this site helpful.
Take care.

"A Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"