PDA

View Full Version : A bit worried

Farr06
07-03-06, 19:01
I just noticed on the page where it lists the symptoms of panic attacks, and it says how important it is to get this checked by a doctor. My GP did some basic reflex tests in January when I first got the dizziness and depersonalisation, (i.e. he made me clap my hands back to front, pull his fingers, looked in my eyes,) sent me to see an optician and did blood tests, all of which were normal. Is this enough of an examination, or should I have demanded a brain scan?

I was actully diagnosed with anxiety 11 years ago, but never had panic attacks, depersonalisation, dizziness etc until this January. Is this normal, I just put it down to having had a horrendous 2005. but I'd like your opinions. And sorry for being so paranoid :'(

Anxiety Is Evil

jackie
07-03-06, 19:06
ID SAY THAT IS ENOUGH OF A TEST. DOCTORS CAN SEE ALOT FROM THE TESTS YOU HAD DONE. THEY WILL NOT TAKE CHANCES WITH YOU

TAKE COMFORT AND I WILL TRY TO PRACTICE WHAT I PREACH

JACKIE

henri
07-03-06, 20:01
i think it sounds like you've had a pretty thorough check up.
anxiety can manifest itself in different ways at any given moment so i wouldn't worry too much about the fact that the panic attacks only started recently.
take care,
henri

andreagirl7
07-03-06, 20:04
Hi i've just joined this forum as i have just taken the last two days off work with symptoms of nausea and feeling scared and lost...i have slept most of those two days and i just feel like crying...i looked up nausea on the internet and saw that my symptons could be anxiety...how do i get rid of this?

jackie
07-03-06, 21:20
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=reading

welcome again andrea. it is true that nausea is a classic symptom of anxiety and the bottom line is that to get rid of the symptom you have got to not care if it is present or not. you have to realise that it is not a harmful thing and accept it as a harmless side effect of anxiety.

i am no expert as many will tell you, but i do know that claire weekes is the pioneer of this practice and i really feel this book would really help you understand and conquer this horrible thing. you can get it online from the site above if you wish

take care, you are not alone
jackie