PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and Blood pressure

ewood79
07-10-10, 03:05
Hi everyone,

When we are anxious and stressed is it natural for our blood pressure to be raised?

Normally my blood pressure is 130/70 but of late ive been worried and anxious about my little one whos been sick....... shes gettting better now but it has made my anxiety a little bit wobbly.....its 140/80 at the mo.....

When i look back its actually always raised slightly when im anxious.......

How does everyone else find theres? i refuse to buy a monitor as i just go to my gp to get it checked.... if i got the monitor id be checking it 24/7 lol

Hope you are all well

jarrod

daybyday
07-10-10, 03:46
It would make sense for bp to go up when anxious. The body goes into high gear.
You say you don't have a monitor, but then how do you know it is 140's right now?
I have a monitor and I have been known to overuse it. :-)

ewood79
07-10-10, 04:06
It would make sense for bp to go up when anxious. The body goes into high gear.
You say you don't have a monitor, but then how do you know it is 140's right now?
I have a monitor and I have been known to overuse it. :-)

i went to the gp to get a sick certificate for today........ always get it checked when i go and thats normally once a month lol :yesyes:

daybyday
07-10-10, 04:55
it was likely rasied because your were anxious of your sick little one. And white coat symdrome. Did the dr. seem concerned? You must be really comfortable with the dr. to go often as once a month.

ewood79
07-10-10, 06:08
it was likely rasied because your were anxious of your sick little one. And white coat symdrome. Did the dr. seem concerned? You must be really comfortable with the dr. to go often as once a month.

Yeah all the doctors at the practice are good, yeah he was fine with the BP.....

Hows it over in the states today?/tonight?

:winks:

Jaco45er
07-10-10, 08:08
Hi Ewood

If your BP is 140/80 when anxious, you are fine mate :)

140 is only a teenie weenie bit slightly high, and 80 is optimal, I would swap those numbers anyday, try 164/98 when stressed eeeeeek

No don't get a monitor mate, with those results I am sure your GP will say you don't need to keep a close eye on your BP by having a home machine.

I have a monitor, and sometimes when I fall into an anxious state (as I seem to do, every now and then) I wear my BP monitor like a fashion accessory.

GL

Jaco

Geoff2301
07-10-10, 08:13
not trying to make it a competition lol!
Routine drs appnt and he said, lets check your bp while your here..... it was 205/95...... I said thats terrible!!..... Anyway, had it rechecked couple of weeks later and back down to 135/85. These things can vary so much.

ewood79
07-10-10, 09:04
Hey thanks for the replies guys!!!

skin
07-10-10, 10:36
My blood pressure goes up to 13/9~ whenever I have a panic attack or I'm very anxious. I know, you're gonna say "amateur" :D, but my normal bp is smth like 10/7, so that is a big increase for me. It's normal, but not healthy!