PDA

View Full Version : Highest Dose

ewood79
07-10-10, 04:11
Hi everyone

whats the highest dose people have been on here???

I was on 40mg a day but had a few things happen etc, relationship and work trouble....... so i went from 50 to 60 to 70 to 80 and ive been on that for the last 12 months and have been really steady with no complications.

Its been a really good leveller for me and i thought id just put it out there cause ive seen people say there worried about going to 20 or 40......

im thinking about coming back down to 70 then sit on 60 for a while.....

what are everyones thoughts?

cheers

jarrod

suzy-sue
07-10-10, 12:41
I think you will find that 60mg is the highest dose that is usually perscribed .Most Drs wont go over 40mg .Thare is little evidence that 60mg works better than 40mg .You appear to be to be of the exceptions ,it could be attributed to the placebo effect however .The risks of high doses in relation to intestinal bleeding and renal complications are higher with high doses .Usually a change of medication is recommended when 40 mg seems to not work .Also most people cant tolerate the tiredness and effects of anything over 40mg .You must have a high tolerance level ..Contributing factors you were experiencing whilst on 40mg would suggest that it wasnt the Drug that had stopped working but you were unable to cope .Drugs have there place but I do honestly think you need to work at controlling your anxiety depression and seek help through councelling ,diet excercise and therapy .etc As the medication wont cure the underlying causes .Im pleased you feel better and wish you well with your recovery .T/c Sue x

randomworry
07-10-10, 16:44
wow 80mg would give me some kind of lsd trip!!
40mg of citalopram was enough to make be throw up and sweat like i had the flu!!
how long have you used ssri's for?

suzy-sue
07-10-10, 18:08
I d have gone in a coma lol :roflmao:..40MG was too strong for me .35 was the dose that worked for me .As for coming off that ammount ,,Crikey Perish the thought ...:scared15: sue

ditzygirl
07-10-10, 20:26
I don't think the doseage is important, if that is what the Dr has prescribed and it has helped then that`s all that matters. If you feel strong enough to lower it then I would speak with your GP about how your feeling and any concerns.

Good luck and let us know how ur doingx

ewood79
08-10-10, 03:05
I don't think the doseage is important, if that is what the Dr has prescribed and it has helped then that`s all that matters. If you feel strong enough to lower it then I would speak with your GP about how your feeling and any concerns.

Good luck and let us know how ur doingx

I can remember my gp telling me that most maximum doses of ssri's are doubled sometimes by (shrinks) who can prescribe drugs for their clients.

In theroy someone could be on 120 mg of cip and 200mg of zoloft etc.....

However i do also see the placebo affect mentioned above.

Whatever it is it seems to have worked fine for me and others on higher doses.

Cheers

Jarrod

bighomer13
08-10-10, 14:59
omg......... 80mg citalopram?? wow. that is a lot. my dr's told me that the highest dose is 60mg? i have been on 60mg for about half a year a few years ago. but now i was slowly getting it lower i got it down to 40mg a day but now i am on 50mg a day. my dr wouldnt go over 60mgs.................

ewood79
12-10-10, 01:21
Hey all, on 70mg at the moment down from 80 and feeling good, less anxious really lol

hope u are all well