PDA

View Full Version : low sodium help pls

josparks
07-10-10, 07:51
hi guys me again just a quick question to any 1 who knows i had my sodium checked and it 135 the normal levels are 135 to 150 so im on the low end ive taken 2 drinks of oral hydration soloution my question is is it safe to do that i thought it may put some salts in but dont know how safe it is or if ive taken to much im classed as in safe range but its the low end any ideas would be apprietiated pls

Jaco45er
07-10-10, 08:03
Hi Jo

In a nutshell, no idea, could you call your GP or e-mail them with your question?

I would have thought if you are in the normal range, you are in the normal range :)

I just worry about people asking direct medical advice online, there are a lot of "experts" on the net.

And if you are like me, don't google, I end up reading about some disease totally unrelated and think I have got it ;)

GL

Jaco

MoonlightFire
07-10-10, 10:27
Hi hon,

It wouldnt be classed as a sodium deficiency, you're within normal range so you are normal :) I think the rehydration drinks are a good idea if you've been ill and have been vomitting and had diarrhea. When I get food poisoning when Im abroad I take the little diaralyte sachets. Just follow the instructions on the back.

Sorry I didn't reply to your message the other day, had a rough couple of days and couldn't really do much.

Hope you feel lots better really soon.
Moonlight Xxx