PDA

View Full Version : Any musicians on here?

Davyboy
07-10-10, 10:06
Nevermind....

t0rt01se36
07-10-10, 11:30
Maybe we could both help each other to gain confidence to perform in public? I am an amateur singer but need to know how to gain confidence to sing in public, even if it's Karaoke to start off with.

Davyboy
07-10-10, 21:22
Nevermind....

blueangel
05-11-10, 13:34
I'm a muso originally. I've actually got a masters degree in music performance, but I tend to do it as a semi-professional these days (opera!). I used to do a lot more than I do now, as like Davy I've got real problems with performance anxiety. I still try and make myself do some concert work though, as I know if I get into completely avoiding performing, it'll just get worse.

paula lynne
05-11-10, 14:40
I think Im stevie nicks with my tamborine after a few lambrinis.............hubby is learning guitar and bought me a tamborine to shut me up because Im not musical even though my dad has played bass guitar in a band for 30 years and my mum was an accomplished guitarist.....x...

Jaco45er
05-11-10, 16:53
I have a couple of guitars, only play by tabs, but when you're drunk, I sound great ;)

suzy-sue
05-11-10, 16:58
My mate Trevor ,,is a dab hand with the old Trumpet ..:whistles:Give him an egg bap and he,ll play for hours .:blush: sue

KK77
05-11-10, 21:12
Yeah, you did say Trevor's playing blew you away Sue :roflmao:

mick_uk
05-11-10, 22:20
I can play the bagpipes

ladybird64
05-11-10, 22:24
Does spoons, paper and comb count? :whistles:

mick_uk
05-11-10, 22:25
:D spoons definitely does

ladybird64
05-11-10, 22:33
http://digilander.libero.it/faccinewub/w/13/woh.gif
Excellent but note that performances will only take place after a couple of delicate sips of something tasty. http://digilander.libero.it/faccinewub/w/7/alcolico.gif

blue moon
06-11-10, 07:16
I went to bush party and now i play the washboard.
Petra x

mick_uk
06-11-10, 17:18
We could form a 'No More Panic' band. Those who couldn't attend the gigs could play via skype and if the worse came to the worst we could all leg it off the stage on mass.

t0rt01se36
06-11-10, 20:46
Thumbs up for a SKYPE project:yesyes:for musicians n vocalists

blue moon
07-11-10, 20:50
Yes,good idea just hope friends and family in Iran don't see me though,I don't wear traditional dress here in Aus,they will disown me.
Petra x

mick_uk
08-11-10, 09:52
Just put a photo of you in traditional dress in front of the webcam while you play Petra :D

blue moon
08-11-10, 19:36
LOL Mick,I will do that:D

wireshield
23-02-13, 13:54
I play the guitar, but my dog starts to houl. It's not funny. Not funny.

95concours
19-04-13, 10:22
I play a little. Been playing guitar for just over 30 years now (god I feel old now lol). Playing and writing is one of my big panic killers. Well, that and video games.

Si
07-09-13, 20:26
Strum a few chords, learn some songs, sing it loud sing it proud. Me and my acoustic guitar.

You know on the tv talent shows where they say "you have a wonderful tone" I have the opposite... Lol but I enjoy it, a bit of del amitri, some big country, a little alarm and whatever else takes my fancy. Played and sung badly but who the hell cares

Catherine84
25-03-14, 17:11
Just started taking up piano again after a break of 12 years. Finding it hard, but a lot of fun, and it's a great escape from my anxiety. I play mainly classical, and have just finished Burgmuller's Ballade and made a start on the first movement of Moonlight Sonata (crikey, that piece was not designed for small hands!).

I also played clarinet between about 1996 and 2008, but I haven't revisited it. Maybe joining a band or orchestra again would help with my social anxiety.

Anyone else rediscovered music after a long time away from playing? Any hints/tips?

Catherine x

Fishmanpa
25-03-14, 18:08
Just started taking up piano again after a break of 12 years. Finding it hard, but a lot of fun, and it's a great escape from my anxiety. I play mainly classical, and have just finished Burgmuller's Ballade and made a start on the first movement of Moonlight Sonata (crikey, that piece was not designed for small hands!).

I also played clarinet between about 1996 and 2008, but I haven't revisited it. Maybe joining a band or orchestra again would help with my social anxiety.

Anyone else rediscovered music after a long time away from playing? Any hints/tips?

Catherine x

Hi Catherine,

I played professionally full time for close to 15 years before taking a hiatus. While I still played for enjoyment and at parties and such, I didn't perform in a public setting for close to 15 years.

So when I was asked to play an actual gig, I was a bit rusty to say the least. I teach guitar (have a few students) and what I tell them and do myself is practice, practice practice and practice some more. And when you think you have it down?... Practice some more! ~lol~

What I'm getting at is... You want to get to the point with your music that you "own" it if that makes sense. Even as a classical pianist, you can have the sheet music there as many pieces are just so long, but it should be more for reference. When you "own" it, you can impart "you" into the music and that's the most important part of any piece of music :)

Positive thoughts

Freeky
25-03-14, 22:34
Any ex-violinists on here by any chance? :blush:

KLP
25-03-14, 22:42
Singer

PanchoGoz
25-03-14, 22:46
12 string guitar
Edit: guitar. 12 string guitar sounds snobby, but it's all I know!

blue moon
26-03-14, 01:35
Still on the washboard.....lol :D What happened to NMP band.

Petra :D

t0rt01se36
26-03-14, 14:11
Singer

What songs do you like to sing?

I am an amateur singer.

I like to sing Someone To Love - Queen, Rolling In The Deep - Adele, some The Eurythmics songs and alot of Musical Theatre songs.

PanchoGoz
26-03-14, 16:36
Still on the washboard.....lol :D What happened to NMP band.

Petra :D

NMP band?! Can we actally, I would be so up for a panic jam :yesyes:

t0rt01se36
26-03-14, 16:56
NMP band?! Can we actally, I would be so up for a panic jam :yesyes:

Can I be on lead vocals?

I am no good at song writing, but would love to try putting some lyrics together.

PanchoGoz
26-03-14, 17:06
Certainly!

Travis
26-03-14, 17:21
Hi not anymore I used to sing in bands.
Am mad about music though almost get manic when discussing the subject I go to lots of gigs that is when I feel well enough have had a lot of anxiety at gigs but also a lot of fun.
Luckily I have an amazing partner she always calms me down.
Wish I could play guitar or piano.

blue moon
27-03-14, 00:21
Hi Travis:)You could join in playing the spoons or join me on the washboard:yesyes:

aya
03-08-14, 00:03
I can play piano
Aya x

wnsos
19-09-14, 10:04
Would anybody be interested in some sort of collaborative musical project? I play a few instruments and sing and as I'm sure everyone can relate to, have lost my way with it due to anxiety, but I thought that maybe with a cause or something to work towards, many of us could benefit.