PDA

View Full Version : im on holiday!!!

kerrie23
07-10-10, 13:54
hi guys just after a bit of reasurance i think!
i am in tenerife at the moment been here since tues i keep feeling a little panicy, the nights being the worst i do have some diazepam to take if i need it but need to save 2 for the flight home on tuesday, Im hoping once sunday gets here i can relax a little more as ill be coming home soon.
This is a huge challenge for me as recently i had a set back and at home i wont go out on my own and now im in a foreign country!! I do have people with me but they dont understand the whole panic attack thing.
I feel like im waiting for time to pass so its neally time for home:wacko:

Thanks for reading
kerrie x

debs71
07-10-10, 14:00
Hi Kerrie,

That is such an achievement!!! Please feel very proud of yourself as those positive feelings will help when you feel panicky. I know exactly how you have been feeling as I was supposed to go away on Sep 13th to Gran Canaria and had to cancel it as my panic was so bad. The fact that you got there is fantastic hun. Try just to keep occupied, get out and about as much as poss and stay as chilled as you can. Nights are always a bit tricky, but just remind yourself of the big strides you have already made!

Stay positive and enjoy the rest of your hols,

Debs.xx:hugs:

Vixxy
07-10-10, 14:46
I echo Debs. You should feel so proud of yourself for doing this. What an acheivment! I dont think I could do it lol.
I know its hard to get your brain out of the "run away, i want to go home, when is it time to go home?" mindset, but try to think in the now. Think about whatever youre doing and try and enjoy it as best you can.
Give yourself a pat on the back for being so brave!
well done!

Kell
07-10-10, 15:28
Hi Kerrie,
I just wanted to offer you some support as I know what it's like to be on holiday & to feel anxious. It can be difficult for other people to understand how you're feeling - particularly when you're on holiday. I think that it why anxiety can sometimes be worse when you're away as it's almost as if you feel under pressure not to feel anxious (if that makes sense).
I used to find that my anxiety was worse in the morning, improved during the day & then dipped again before the evening meal because I was anxious about sitting down for an evening meal in caseI was sick. I then was able to relax once te meal was over.
Well done for facing your fears. I know it's not easy.

Take care

Kel
x

eternally optimistic
07-10-10, 15:53
Hi Kerri

First off, well done for getting there, last time I was due to fly back in 2007 I let me other half and kids down by staying at HOME!!!!!!!

You've done really really well to get this far, remind yourself of that.

As long as you have enough meds for the flight back, it would hurt to use the tabs to get you through.

I went to France last year, via the ferry, and I was relaxed but was also very much looking forward to going home...

Enjoy the rest of the time and enjoy the sun - am so envious of you.

YOU'VE DONE IT BY GETTING THERE AND YOU CAN REFLECT WHEN YOU GET BACK WHAT AN ACHIEVEMENT IT IS.

Nigel
07-10-10, 18:45
Hi Kerrie,

What an achievement!! :D
I hope you’re suitable proud of yourself :yahoo:

I wonder if the nights seem worse because there’s lots of other things happening during the days? Could it be that the nights are the only time you have time to think about how you feel?

Try and make the most of the rest of your holiday :)

Take care,
Nigel

margaret jones
07-10-10, 19:06
Kerrie well done for getting there I have just got back from canary islands and like you should do ( be proud of ourselfs )
Please try and relax and enjoy the time you have left maybe try some relaxation techniques while lying by the pool or even swimming will relax you please please try and relax and have a fab time have a :hugs: from me xxxx

kerrie23
07-10-10, 20:15
thank you everyone sooo much for your support, im feeling scared most of the time out here just seem to be waiting for a panic attack to come, but so far i have managed to keep myself calm when i feel one coming, i try to read and listen to music during the day i did try walking out but my chest kept really hurting!
i know my boyfriend wants to go out in the evenings to pubs and clubs (we are 23 and 25) so i feel a bit of a let down for him because i know we should be doing that but he has been very understanding i have not been waking him at night when i start to feel very hot, shaky, pains over my body, dizzy etc etc, i put on my relaxation meditation which as long as i stick with does eventually calm me down!
I know i shouldnt say it but im looking forward to going home i just wish i could enjoy it a little more. i think i will be alright at the weekend because io know it will be neallt time to go home.
Sorry to waffle its the nerves:blush:

thank you again everyone its much appreciated

olderfella
07-10-10, 21:17
very well done Kerrie your a star,try to enjoy your holiday,you made it there so a bit of enjoyment should be an easy task:)

eternally optimistic
07-10-10, 21:34
Kerrie,

If only you could read your posts back to yourself.

YOU ARE DOING IT FOR YOURSELF, YOU ARE FIGHTING IT MORE THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE.... YOU KEEP AT IT, DO ALL YOU CAN TO REMAIN CALM.

Your posts, although I am sure you dont feel it, shout success that you are coping.

WELL DONE.

lajjj
07-10-10, 21:44
well done kerrie! u are a star! u have climbed a mountain!!!!! be kind to yourself! your doing great xxx

kerrie23
13-10-10, 14:08
hi everyone, IM HOME!! thank you everyone for your comments they were a real help when i was away, i felt really frightend at times but i done it! :yahoo:
I will post in the success a bit more for you all to read i hope it manages to help others too. x

Nigel
13-10-10, 14:23
Hi Kerrie,

“I felt really frightend at times but i done it!”

You know what they say about courage...
It’s not about not feeling fear, it’s about facing that fear.

You showed real courage Kerrie.
Well Done!! :emot-woot: :emot-dance: :emot-bounce: :emot-woot: :emot-bounce: Take care,
Nigel

JulieJay92
16-10-10, 19:27
hi kerrie - i am currently living in tenerife for a few months and i still get them, its real hard and because of the heat and constant thirst it makes you mis-interpret the panic attack symptoms :(