PDA

View Full Version : bumped head

daisycake
07-10-10, 19:47
I was bending down and I stood up suddenly and banged my head off my windowsill, made my teeth clang together - it didn't hurt thaaat much but it did hurt a bit. I can't feel a lump per se infact there doesnt seem to be much of a sore spot on my head at all but Im in a flap as NHS says not to be by yourself for the next 48 hours so what should I do? I live in halls of residence :wacko: Im so worried lol, I have a mild headache and I'm making mistakes typing but I had the same last night.. should I phone NHS for help?

LucyR
07-10-10, 20:08
Hi, I think you will be ok, although I know its hard to be alone when you aren't sure if something will happen to you or not. A few years ago I banged my head really hard on a day out, I did not notice this door was very low and walked straight into it, my head got such a bump I am surprised I wasn't knocked out there and then. My friend offered to take me to hospital, but I reassured him I would be ok and I was, so Im sure that was a lot harder than the windowsill! Just try to relax and I am sure you will be ok. I wouldn't go to a and e unless the headache gets worse.

debs71
07-10-10, 21:47
daisycake, there is no need to worry unless you show any of the following symptoms:

1. Loss of consciousness at the time you did it or increased drowziness after (more than just tired/sleepy)
2. Vomiting, increased nausea
3. Headache, worsening head pain

If you display any of these then I would say get down to A&E but otherwise try not to worry.xxxx

daisycake
08-10-10, 01:10
No, I am tired but I'm wide awake!
No sickness/nausea!
The only thing is a headache but thats only a little sore when I sit andf think about it. And I've been coughing and laughing all night (at my friend's flat, they smoke and I'm full of the cold too) so I suppose that too would cause a bitty of a sore head!

debs71
08-10-10, 01:21
Yeh, you' sound fine hun!

Sounds like you had a good night too! Your head might be a bit bruised especially as you felt a bump there, but it shouldn't last too long.

xxx:winks: