PDA

View Full Version : questions questions!

vicki2
08-10-10, 09:57
hi

since i have been reading this forum i have learnt more than from my awful gp. at no time did he say i wasnt giving the different types of anti d's long enough to work so no wonder they were not, (a few days here or there!!!) anyway i have now gone back onto cipalopram myself as i had about 2 months supply still. i have been taking them for 2 weeks today at 10mg per day. my sleep is very bad but i am an insomniac anyway and with the stress of thinking about my ex it could be that rather than the tablets. anyway i dont want to go back to my gp until i run out of tablets as he has been so unhelpful and says i am not depressed but i was wondering when i should increase the dose as so far i see no difference, should i do at least one month on 10mg then if i feel better stay at 10, if not increase to 20 for a few more weeks?

any advice welcome!

sammi
08-10-10, 10:21
Hello I personally would stay at 10mg for a few weeks until its bk in your system. If you done see a difference after then go back to your gp and asked to be put on a higer dose of 20mg. Good luck x

JFlower
08-10-10, 15:24
I've been taking it this time round for 3 weeks and I'm only just starting to notice the difference so I would definitely give it some more time. I assumed I'd be much better now as it only took 2 weeks to 'kick in' the first time I took them but I think it's best to give them the maximum time (which can be 6 weeks) to see if they help.

Also, I would go back to your GP about a week before you run out as sometimes I've had delays with getting the prescription and it being filled and it certainly isn't what you want during the initial couple of months :)