PDA

View Full Version : Burning Sensation?

Estranged
08-10-10, 10:35
Hi all , first off I have to say the ppl on this website are great and have really made me feel more at ease.

My question I have is, it's now bout 5am, I woke up not feeling panic'd but because my chest and body pretty much was on fire, yes I panic'd a bit like to think what is wrong win me? Why am I burning up? The burning feeling lasted about 10 min or so.

Has anyone else gone through this? I'm not on meds, could it be anxiety? or am I loosijg my mind? I did have a full blown panic attack the night before, could that have anything to do with this episode?

Thanks all

sammi
08-10-10, 10:53
Hello
I get the burning sensation on my chest legs arms face and shoulders and neck. Its scary but my doc says its anxiety. X

Estranged
08-10-10, 10:57
Thanks Sammi, for the reply, is it long lasting episodes? Or short term?

Thank you

sammi
08-10-10, 11:04
When my anxiety first started last year it was ongoing for about a month none stop I actually felt like I was on fire. By march my anxiety had calmed down and I felt great. A few weeks ago it came back so of course so did the burning sensations they come and go now can last for a few minutes or sometimes a few hrs. X

Estranged
08-10-10, 11:08
Thank you Sammi for your help and reply as it has certainly calmed me down knowing that

thanks

sammi
08-10-10, 11:18
How long is yours lasting and do you get it everywhere? X

Estranged
08-10-10, 11:47
I haven't had it happen in about 2 weeks, and when it happened at 5am it was for about 10 mins tops, chest and legs as well as top of feet. I do have low b12 so I'm not sure if that played a part

thank you

sammi
08-10-10, 11:57
Is that anemia I'm low in folic acid but takin meds for it. X

Estranged
08-10-10, 13:42
Just a b12 deficiency , no symptoms of Anemia, nor mention of with myblood results just low b12

debera
08-10-10, 13:51
hi
i get at time the burning sensation that starts in the tummy and goes into my chest and down the arms. nothing to worry about. the doc said its just an adrenaline hit. hope this helps :hugs:

sammi
08-10-10, 13:55
Ok we'll good luck hunny sure you will be fine:) x

ChrisBaker
08-10-10, 14:01
Sorry to trouble you Estranged but does Being low on B12 make you dizzy:shades:

Estranged
08-10-10, 14:16
Thanks Debra, it does alot, feels scary but does, I'm finding most times now when I'm waking up is when I feel it, whether it's just starting or has been doing it while asleep.

I actually have had this feeling when waking up along with feelng panic,d( which goes away after a bit of being awake) ever since my panic attack I had a day ago

thanks

Estranged
08-10-10, 14:18
Sorry to trouble you Estranged but does Being low on B12 make you dizzy:shades:

No trouble Chris, but low b12 can cause many symptoms and I do believe dizzy is one of them, do a search on b12 defiency symptoms it actually is quite interesting

ChrisBaker
08-10-10, 14:33
Thanks for that estranged I will have a look, it does scare me looking. My doctor says don't worry. Dr google says worry it could be a brain tumour or your liver is in bits because of your naughty lifestyle.:shades:

Estranged
08-10-10, 14:43
Hi Chris
looking into things to much can make it worse, I use to do it but I stopped cause I had every illness in the book, lol, I just focus on anxiety and panic as that's what inwas diagnosed with, heart tests and blood came back good except for b12, so I look and. Read up on b12 as well.

Don't scare yourself by looking at symptoms as your doc says, just focus on your disorders cause that's simply what it is, comIng here is greAt the members are awesome and very comforting, no questions are stupid or silly as I once felt they were when asking, but nobody ever made me feel that way here :)

jessicalittler79
08-10-10, 15:41
ive had the burning in my chest the doc told me that it was from breathing to much "overbreathing"and i am useing my chest muscles if that make sence tc and good luck

ChrisBaker
08-10-10, 16:19
Thanks again Estanged I just find it sooo hard to trust drs:shades:

MidnightCalm
08-10-10, 17:10
I once had a burning sensation in my stomach and chest, it came on so quick and was massive!
I then had a week long period of feeling like my WHOLE body was on fire, I experienced a bit of this the other night but it faded only to lead into a week long panic that I'm still experiencing (I say panic, it's more symptoms and me worrying about them).

jeanne48
13-10-10, 20:48
hi dont worry hun i allso get burning feeling xxxxxxxxxx:yesyes: